Maps/Settings Requests

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Maps/Settings Requests

Post by GFips » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:36 am

Lux has far more than 800 different maps. In addition there are different setting options (increase rate of cards and income, timer, and so many more), which gives an huge amount a variety and diversity.

I have started this thread to give you the chance, to post any wishes concerning changes of maps and settings of the standard hosts. We had so many requests of players in chat or different threads.

So this is the right place, if you think any actual host should get a change in the settings or if you think one map is missing. Feel also free to discuss about others suggestions and special settings in an appropriate way (but no offenses allowed, keep the discussion always impersonal!). We have several rooms and so the possibilty to set different settings. Players can then choose which settings they prefer, Don't blame others, just because you do not like a special setting. This thread is meant to tell us, if you think a special setting/map is missing or should be changed.

Sillysoft usually sets the maps and settings that become popular over the last time. Please post here with details on why you think there should be a change or if you think a special map is missing. Mods can change settings of the official sillysoft hosts if needed, but will only do severe changes if there is a sensible reason or the majority wants a special change. We cannot fulfill every single wish. There is still the feature to host your own games with your own preferred settings.

If you have any requests for the map of the month (MOTM) please post them in the official MOTM thread .
Last edited by dustin on Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Samuel99is back
Lux Demon

Re: map/setting requests

Post by Samuel99is back » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 am

Rapa Nui and War of the Roses are great maps with low income and 5 % cards increase.Mesoamerican Batle,Alexander conquest canada maps USA war zone and most of the USA states are fun but with low income and 5% cards.It makes the game better and makes less places for luck or income holding.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:20 am

The special something missing from the tracker is the MOTW!!!!

Shogun would be fun. with a tournament would be even better... :roll:

Rise of Sparta

Land of Oz

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Not only there were many marathon games with these settings, but they were the slowest Bio games ever.
Bio is made for extreme settings, can't turn a beast into a prince in the real world.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:15 am

General K, I show you played 23 FH games at these settings during the Sunday Chase and averaged 12.361 mins per game

So i decided to look at your last 23 fh games at the other settings 30%, 15%^: You averaged 12.653 mins, slightly longer. So I'm not really sure what your basing your statement on.

The strategy is different, but in my opinion, the 20% income 15%^ cards may take a little longer to develop kills, similar to in classic, however, you should be able to avoid long standoffs that typically occur if you have several decent players who are holding similar income in a bio game.

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:55 pm

there are cases of marathon in the 30% settings as well, and probably it took one or 2 games to elevate the average you calculated.
but in general, games with 30% or higher tend to be faster.

try to calculate the shortest games in both 30 and 20 then compare. in my opinion you will realize that he fastest games are 30% +.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:02 pm

I would like 55s bio room please, 35s is too short.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:44 pm

General K wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:55 pm
there are cases of marathon in the 30% settings as well, and probably it took one or 2 games to elevate the average you calculated.
but in general, games with 30% or higher tend to be faster.

try to calculate the shortest games in both 30 and 20 then compare. in my opinion you will realize that he fastest games are 30% +.
That was exactly my point was that 30% has more "fast games" but it also has many more marathons because at a certain point the income increases negate the card increases. So do you want more consistency in games or do you prefer some games ending in round 5 and some ending in round 50? For me, I'd rather there be an ending that is played right that doesn't involve 1 guy suiciding because he's bored and sees no end in sight. But this may just be me trying to encompass more of a classic feel on bio players who don't want that. BUT, it should be an option and that's all I asked for in the first place.

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 am

oh BWE, stop wasting your time by trying to make Bio a more strategic map... it will never be the case.
if you are looking for strategic play where most wins are based on intelligent moves and merit, then let's all move back to CLASSIC!

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Room just froze with 25% income 20%^. Now we're stuck with two rooms of 30/15 and 20/10. Marathon settings. Can we please have a little more variety and also look into why these rooms are freezing so much? It was a 1-man bot game and during the bots turn, it just stopped working.

Thanks.

Will

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 pm

I'm currently in the BioDeux extreme 25% income 20%^ cards and it's me and 5 bots. The room is frozen again on one of the bots turns. I can't even report it, but this is becoming a huge problem. I'll also post this in the necessary thread, but this is why we need options.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 pm

Nevermind. There is no longer a troubleshoot/bugs section in the forum.

landlord
Lux Demon

maps

Post by landlord » Wed May 29, 2019 9:22 am

Thank you for hosting all kind of maps

Please re post cube wars

landlord
Lux Demon

Re: Maps/Settings Requests

Post by landlord » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:09 am

Please re post cube wars

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:27 am

landlord wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:09 am

Please re post cube wars
Remind me if I forget to host this once things are more stable.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:52 pm

cubes is one of the best of maps in Lux. It will come up pretty often.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Thu May 07, 2020 11:14 am

Cube wars sux- its only fun due to the nostalgia and the names attached to it... if you take the way the map is designed alone it doesn't have good gameplay.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Thu May 07, 2020 7:58 pm

I think people who like it actually really like it. It's a good 1 on 1 game, which is important for me and like 1 or 2 other who dont like BIngO Deux.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Fri May 08, 2020 3:30 am

Bean vs Beans ROUND1 :-)

/me agrees with both: Cubes is an unbalanced map, but has some tradition here and seems to be real fun for some players. So why make it mad Beans? Take it like me and play e.g. classic instead :-) So lucky we have several different hosts und maps so that everyone can find his own favourite map :-)
If you have special map wishes let us know. I will be happy to promote your favourite map also.

[Some say cubes is hosted to open Whirlplaid a backdoor to return :-)]