Raw score

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
landlord
Lux Demon

Raw score

Post by landlord » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 pm

hello

I found it strange that players who play late of the week are achieving points faster due to the fact that all the players that they play against are having high score

i think it should be a way that player who gain wins and points from the beginning of the week will have the higher advantage to win the raw weekly competition

this way it will make players wanting to play not from late Thursday

Please let me know what you guys think?

Take care.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Re: Raw score

Post by Big Will E Style » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Some people can't play every day, so the system is set up assist people throughout the week, then on the weekends, we have ranked rooms, which sort the players by their RAW. So if we have enough players, the people who start playing Friday-Sunday, should have a more difficult time getting into games. Obviously we're lucky to have more thank 9 or 10 people at a time, so that doesn't happen as much. But the way the system is set up, I think is pretty fair to both sides.

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:59 am

Good idea. At least it promotes playing but Will has a point and we don't have enough players. Same with highest ranked during the week.

landlord
Lux Demon

Post by landlord » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:02 pm

so i just had a game on Tuesday first place gave me 1 point Will e ?

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:08 pm

landlord wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:02 pm
so i just had a game on Tuesday first place gave me 1 point Will e ?
so what is your question?

Landlord 1 4 +1 1088
Pauley 2 4 +36 675
Naraku 3 4 +21 637
Safari 4 4 0 668
George874 5 4 -9 643
vargas 6 4 -24 657

seems fair the raw you got.

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:10 am

It is not a question, it means that at that time it is not worth playing.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:26 am

I've always thought it was pretty ridiculous to give such a low amount of RAW for a FH win regardless of your opponents. I've also always been against 2nd or 3rd place receiving more RAW than 1st place. I feel it creates a sense of achievement when you finish higher than someone else despite not winning the game. The goal should be to win. Not finish better than someone else. This has always been a point of contention around here and others have created their own ranking systems to promote winning over everything else. It's why winning first place for the week doesn't always been having the best winning %. The ranking system is what it is. I don't expect much to change in the future.

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:31 am

I've long retired, but as a problem, this should be pretty straightforward.

I've always thought raw shouldn't be rolled over so quickly, although you could create two raw streams - one long term raw average, one for the weekly medal.

Monday-Friday, points are accrued for the week based on long term raw, which doesn't inflate over time. Playing on Monday against Will is the same as playing on Friday against Will.

Saturday and Sunday, switch to weekly raw, so whoever has played well in the qualifying period has to defend their gains through the week in a free-for-all battle.

At this point, for the remaining community, I'd suggest coming up with a compact list of tweaks like this that might not take *too* much effort to put in place, ask really nicely, and get ready for planned obsolescence, enjoying the glide while you can.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:51 am

I'll play Monday or Friday against you, Hood. Just please come pop in once in awhile.