Lux on SALE

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Lux on SALE

Post by dustin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 pm

We're having a flash summer sale on all Lux games!

This is your best chance to pickup any of the Lux editions you don't own yet, or to get your friends into the game...

Lux DLX for iOS: 40% off now!

Lux DLX unlock for Android: 40% off now!

Mobile edition sales last for 1 week only, so act now!

Lux Delux for Mac/Windows/Linux: 69% off now!

Lux Alliance for Mac/Windows/Linux: 69% off now!

Desktop edition sales last for 2 weeks...

These are our biggest sales ever, hope you enjoy them. :)

landlord
Lux Demon

Re: Lux on SALE

Post by landlord » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:56 pm

we need more players and more tournaments to keep this game alive maybe some tournaments with cash reward if its legal buying fee once a month it will bring all the good old timers

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:52 am

Hi Landlord,

I agree, that tournaments are always great fun and motivation. I also see a lack of tournaments actually. There needs to be done something,

But as in past times, tournaments don't need to be organized only by sillysoft themself. I encourage everybody to organize and host public tournaments themself (we all miss mentor09, snypereye and all the others with their great tournament ideas).

So if you have any good idea for a tournament, we mods will support you as much as we can (e.g. we can hand out medal-awards to the winners and help you with the ranking systems as far as it can be realized with sillysoft standards; if needed sillysoft can also set up hosts for the tournament). It does not need to be a perfect month long tournament - also some smaller events can be real fun. As we have a limited number of players around I think it should not become too complex for the beginning. But hell yeah - we need some tournaments and action !!! A forum games van also be fun in addition.

I personally am sceptical about the idea of cash rewards with real money involved (this might cause some problems that have been discussed already several times in past), but if somebody finds some sponsors giving out some real prizes, I am sure everyone would be happy ... (e.g. me still proudly enjoys SnypersEye's Nintendo from the past castle tournament). It should be a motivational reward but not addict players to play this game for money.

And yes: I also think most of the players would also pay a small monthly or yearly fee for participating in some regular happening tournaments and fun actions. It would be a good add on to a great game. But that would have to be offered by sillysoft IMHO.

landlord
Lux Demon

Post by landlord » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Thank you for the reply
i think you are right and it dosnt have to be for money i my self willing to commit for amount of money for prize but to make it happened we need the MOD help to make it work

im looking forward

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:19 am

if the game is not going online on smartphones and tabs, then forget about it.
Few people are gaming on desktops, most are connected on their mobile gaming platforms and apps.
A friend of mine told me he is having amazing time playing RISK online on his mobile, against online players. the game is shit in comparison with Lux.
Dustin needs to figure out a way to take this community to smartphone screens.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:52 pm

I agree with you GK. This could bring us a lot of new online players. Probably most players still play offline.
Lux was and and still is the best risk based game ever. But time goes one and mobile platforms are the future.
By the way - I miss you on the board, GK! I know you have a Desktop platform too, hehe :-)

BRAINDEAD
Lux Newbie

Post by BRAINDEAD » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:34 am

If we want new players to come and stay here playing, we shouild stop making the rooms ranked on Friday,only sunday should bee good.

New players need to learn the game first and if the can't get in on the weekends they stop playing.And its also good for others who don't play much.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 am

I agree. If Dustin agrees as well im sure he will change it asap.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Sure, I changed the ranked-order setting to only come into effect for the 24 hours leading up to the weekly reset.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Can we also do a winner's stay only? Allowing top 3 to stay promotes playing for place rather than first.

Marauder
Midnight Luxer

Post by Marauder » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Need a 24 hour turn option for casual players. A lot of people that play traditional RISK style games would like to check in daily on multiple games and make a move. I know everyone here is used to the fast action game that Lux is, but that is not what the traditional user that looks for RISK is expecting.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Marauder.
Nice to see you still around!
I agree, it would be great to have a (classic?) room with long term turns (once a day). In other risk games such rooms are quite popular, but IMHO it might need some re-programming. If you just put the timer on 24 hours some player will use the full turn time while others would do their moves within minutes, so you never really know when your next turn would be.
So I think we would need a feature in addition to inform players (e.g. via pm or mail), when others have done their turn. But I have no clue how much effort would it be to add such feature to lux. Especially in combination with an real online mobile version for android this might be an success-model for making Lux more popular again.

Lux Alliance has such long term turns.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Lux Alliance is our long-form turn game. Try it out if you haven't lately

king size
Luxer

Post by king size » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:10 am

There's another way in my opinion, there are a lot of games which you can play on browsers that are doing very well (agar etc etc) another solution may be moving lux from an application to a website and make it free with some modest adds to pay the maintenance costs.