Luxtoberfest 15: Mission Fest!

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Luxtoberfest 15: Mission Fest!

Post by dustin » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:51 pm

2018 Luxtoberfest schedule (subject to change / addition):

October 1-6th: TWITCH week :: Fast and furious games. Speed demons wanted...

October 6-10th: Classic Themed tournament :: For old times sake! (Winner-Picks classic themed maps.)

Sunday October 14th: Mission Lux :: Capitals and continents and other alternative win-conditions. We will be using larger maps including Castle series!

Wednesday October 17th: Kill the King :: 1 strong King vs the collective uprising...

October 20-21th: Crazy Blobs day :: New crazy map every game!

Wednesday October 24th: The Mighty Mushroom tournament :: There can be only 1 Shroom King!

Saturday October 27th: All-time high-seeds tourney :: Calling the highest rated players of all time. Which of the old timers still have what it takes to win?

Sunday October 28th: Award ceremony :: Honouring the best and brightest players of the year!

Wednesday October 31: Halloween ball :: Costumes required. Fully anonymous games!!

:lincoln: :globe
Last edited by dustin on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 18 times in total.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Luxtoberfest 15: Mission Fest!

Post by dustin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:18 pm

updated top post with schedule :)

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:00 am

Wow a whole 4 luxtoberfest events?

How utterly LAME!

Why even bother if you're going to put so little effort into it?

No team games? Surviorfest? Ladies night? Map retrospective? Bio tournament? Memory?
We get a week of twitch then 3 static or boring events In my opinion. Will twitch be forced upon all players as you've done in past luxtoberfests? or will players retain the right to choose to play or not?

Yes let us all... Kill that evil lazy hare brained king...

Just when I thought Luxtopia couldn't be or get more disappointing...

Not even listing the start times of events? just hoping people show up? LMAO! :lol:

:torch: collective uprising can begin NOW!!! RABBLE RABBLE!!! :torch:

So much for #MissionLuxtopia...

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:25 pm

It's reactions like that which makes me want to host events even less.

Matching the fest to the level of play happening as it is.

Come rabble rouse at Kill The King, an event which has been plenty of fun in the past.

October 14th, come play Mission Lux... we'll be using Castle Maps and other favs. Not exactly survivor, but similar in ways...

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 pm

dustin wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:25 pm
It's reactions like that which makes me want to host events even less.

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:55 am

Bring ParanoiaRodeo Back !!!!! At least it would be a memory of what LUXOBERFEST could have been.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:26 am

some personal words from me:

Hi Naraku,
I substantial agree with a lot of things you said, but actually and since month I see you only complaining and creating a negative environment. I have the feeling you are just criticizng for the sake of critcizing. This is neither helpful nor fair. You complain about bringing back MOTW, but I haven't seen you play any games in MOTM. The first step IMHO would be to play regularly. I am sure Dustin is rather listening to active players than to guests-only.

I personally am also not happy about Luxtoberfest being a smaller event than in the past. I would also like to see more events. My dream is also a great event with tournament games going all weeks long. But we also have to notice that there are less active players and big events won't really work and would likely fail. So better less and well organized events than big events with empty rooms. If these events become succussfull I am sure we can arrange more events in future and maybe we can even bring some major events back in future (like Castle).

It is not only on Dustin. Tournaments can be also organized and hosted by the community. Unfortunetely we don't have someone like Mentor09 spending a lot of time hosting and organizing tournaments. Dustin and the mods will Support such events with hosts and ranking systems. So don't waste you time with critizing, use your time to organize events yourself! Spend your time playing some games if you really want to return to old times. If you don't have fun and want to move on, then do so. Else try to do something positive to bring Lux back to where it was once. But don't take out the fun for the People activly playing, just because you are unsatisfied.

And George: Yes. Para was a great host, but we all know (or maybe don't know exactly) what happened. Para was boon and bane for Lux.
Unrealistic wishes won't really help either or change anything. This has been discussed already a lot. Unfortunetely Para decided to work against Dustin so that train is gone long time ago and don't think there will be any chance in near future. I think noone is happy about what happened, but we all can't turn times back. The world is not perfect. Neither is Dustin nor Para. The same states for mods and each member of this community. We all make faults. So be gracious with us. We mods are only some volunteers who try to help to make this a better and working place. But we need your all support.

Many things should/could be better/other, but we also have to be realistic. Times changes. Maybe we expext too much. For Dustin it is business. For us it is a game we send less than 20$ and have fun for years.

So what did not change? I still enjoy this game and the community. I enjoy playing this game with you all. It still has much potential. It is still about what we all make out of it. We can't change things, but we can do a lot. Host games yourself! Host tournaments! Start forum games! Have fun! I will give the Luxtober a chance because I enjoyed all Luxtoberfests over the past 10 years.

my 2 Cents. Cya in some games.

GFips

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:11 am

Can't polish these turds of Dustin's or yours any more GFips. If you're honestly happy with the dismal state of affairs in luxtopia by all means keep playing & pretending that this place isn't a burnt out ruin of what it once was. Yes complaining that the rules aren't being followed, or just outright broken but who cares about those @ this point? If the truth hurts & is considered negative then so be it. I'm criticizing because there could've been a positive change or even a fun luxtoberfest scheduled/planned. Instead it's minimal effort.

There is no point in playing the MotM. The maps dustin picks are awful and he won't accept suggestions like the maplab once did. You enjoy playing 1 tally MotM wins? good for you! MotM is trash compared to MotW and we all know it at this point. MotW never had weeks so slow that the games played were 1 for the week. Look back on the MotM history & anyone can see how few games are played. The maps are of lesser quality compared to many of the MotW's as well. Why bother playing in games when Sillysoft refuses to moderate or prevent players from manipulating the chase? Speaking of Tournaments when is the next lux tournament? Castle's? Survivorfest? Anything?

Mods are barely playing in the games anymore Milltycoon the entire tenure of his "modship" played 40 games in total. 0 entries in the mod log. I haven't seen bean, pjb or deep blue in game much either, but then Owned was a mod for many moons with 0 activity in lux so w/e. :panic:

I get it dustin's moved on & doesn't care about lux as much as he use to. Why bother having a barebones luxtoberfest? It's just a sad mockery of what lux once was. Twitch all week! Hooray! :party :curtsey :beers Yes many of us USE to have fun playing... perhaps this is why luxtopia's population is dwindling to nothing? :?:

Also there is little to no information provided about the tournament events themselves. When they start, how they'll be scored, what missions are in the game, list of maps to be played on. Go Luxtoverfest 15, 2018 edition!!! :party :smt030 :smt033 :pirate: :lol: :-D :wink:

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:46 am

missed you guys...
I am looking forward to play some luxtober events...
Dustin cannot host more events, he obviously needs help and assistance on that front.
Players used to assist, introduce and organize their own events.
I might be mistaken but:
I remember preacherman introducing the Survivor, the team-mission based game
Snypereye also introduced and organized successfully the Castle tournaments
I myself organized the World Cup soccer team games
Para organized entire luxtoberfests alone (but that's para)

so why don't active players step up and co organize side tournaments during the festival.
that's called being proactive.

bunch of clowns :)

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:30 am

well said GK :smt023 As far as I know you are correct in all points. SnyperEye did a lot (not only castles, also events like touchdown, bowling, ...) and it was not only Snyper.

But it seems noone wants to buckle down these days. It is comfortable to have got it made by others. Complaining is much easier than doing something productive.

@GK: I also would like to see somes sports event. Interested in doing something together?

I am looking forward to see you in some games!
Last edited by GFips on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:47 am

GFips wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:30 am
@GK: I also would like to see somes sports event. Interested in doing something together?

I am looking forward to see you in some games!
I wish, will do my best... it's been a while you know.
p.s.: does the TEAM Lux app still function?

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:41 pm

The TEAM host does still exist, yes

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm

the team host still exists just no team events in luxtoberfest? :smt017

Is it possible to get a copy of the team hosting program?

Thank you for providing more details about the events this month & updating the schedule.

:smt028

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:49 am

Hello Naraku,

I think that u want to organise a tournament yourself is wonderfull. I also like Gfips believe that empowering a community is the first step towards buiding a stronger community. So send me the dates and what u need to organise it. (please look at the schedule we have already, two big events on one day may work against both) I will make a post in the modlounge and await there a reaction. Cheers deep

:scooter :scooter

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:36 pm

For view into the past glories of all Luxtoberfests, check out the FULL awards listing per players!!!

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:04 am

looks like luxtopia is just a reflection of the wider world. Lazy people sat on sofas complaining about the world and demanding someone else does a better job.

If you want a better lux community do something positive.

and damn it, Meron has more awards than me :(

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:01 am

A great deal of things are beyond the ordinary luxtopian's control. One of which is luxtoberfest. This year there are zero forum games & until recently no mods stepping forward to help dustin host or run events like in MANY past luxtoberfests. The mods however make $0/ hr to help out or chip in. They do so or did so because of their love or devotion to the game of lux delux & it's many residents. Dustin's original luxtoberfest schedule was hilarious when compared to past luxtoberfests that HE has organized or overseen. Then for him to post a link to PAST FUN luxtoberfests to remind or show everyone what we won't be playing or awards we can no longer compete for or win? :lol: Team game weekends were pretty much on autopilot in past luxtoberfests & were a great deal of fun imho. Yes it is an absurd joke to think that he or we would want a fun clearly organized & transparently run tournament as had happened many times before in the past.

I can't even get a reply for a simple PM from dustin, so don't hold your breathe there Deep Blue. :llama

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Naraku hasn't played any games in a month, but still loves to make tons of requests...

I like helping luxers who contribute. Nara is another story, approaching troll behaviour again.

Come play some games if you actually care about the game.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:42 pm

Lies, all lies as always dustin. Like i've never contributed anything to luxtopia? Puhlease! :smt013 :llama

I have played in the past month as Dr. Doom.

Yes my "tons of requests" are all simple asks or suggestions to improve or make lux better. As usual you are so colorblind that you only see me as "Creating a negative atmosphere" . Yes my warped twisted sadistic sarcastic sense of humor is so evil... :roll:

"Troll behaviour?" hardly. That's hysterical because unlike dolla, or numerous other examples I could mention, I haven't trolled you once yet. If I did you'd know it & be very forlorn for many many moons...

I have no reply still to the PM I've sent you about a very basic lux function; that you have refused to answer so far.

You have accepted zero of my "demands" or even had 1 positive/nice thing to say back to me about any of it. If the truth hurts you so much that you can't stomach to read it, then by all means ban me again, or megamute me in all your hosts, If that's what makes you feel better or sleep @ night GO for it.
Plus there are fewer & fewer reasons to keep playing the same game & hoping that you will give enough of a damn to make the "positive" changes that lux would need to (re)grow & expand. Even if you do decided to "perma ban" me it will change nothing as luxtopia keeps diming.

I've had players & mods tell me in chat or via other means that I'm hitting the nail 100% on the head.

So what will be your next diversion or distraction be to change the topic?

I know what mine will be... but I'll leave you with this final thought for now...

BRING BACK MAP OF THE WEEK!!!!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:14 am

You PMed me asking for my tech support help and also leniency directly after coming here and posting "How utterly LAME!". Sorry dude, but shit-posting at me in public does not get you my private help for tech support. Or my leniency in restoring your hosting privs after they've been revoked for mis-use.

I appreciate feedback, and it comes across much better when not covered in shit. Honest truth.

PS: if you actually played any Map of the Month I would take your request for MOTW more seriously. Right now it just seems like you being silly

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:22 am

You are so utterly full of crap as always dustin & a giant bag of hot air.

Have fun presiding over zombie luxtopia as that's all that's left after your lack of leadership/direction. I pm'd you first & then after you posted a sad sorry "schedule" of events with no details not even a start time. I have never misused my hosts; thanks asshole. If you think that megamuting your angry and poor choice for mod in my host is "misuse" then yea I'm guilty of that, and nothing else. I do play MOTM when the maps are fun/good. The poor choices you put into rotation are not my fault. You're already recycling old MotM's.

Yes well you won't have to worry about me being "silly" around here anymore you completely douchey flower child wannabe. If I wanted to Troll you I could post my reviews of what you generously call "Music" .

So my tech concerns are none of your concern? I'm still a paying customer with as much right to host or not as I choose/see fit. *polishes the best host 2010 ticket" Or to play on my schedule not yours. thanks.

Covered in shit?

Go FUDGE yourself. Yes Honest truth the kind that hurts...

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:36 am

Please keep your suggestions/critics/feedback and what ever in a objective way. No need to get crude. Insults are never the proper way to accomplish a purpose IMHO.

/me reminds everybody to the basic forum rules and the Open letter to the Sillysoft Community, RE: personal attacks of our previous mods.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:38 pm

Nara, the reason you lost your hosting privs in the beginning was your mis-use of your host, to manipulate the rankings. Fact.

Due to your continued abusive and insulting posting I have placed you onto forum probation, so your posts require mod approval to appear. I will not tolerate insults and abuse here.

:llama

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:24 am

Dustin................ I am not a Naruku fan............. but...........

u really have to think ............

He did NOTHING wrong, but, to disagree with u.

And, because of that ,,,,,,,,,, u banned him from expressing his opinion.

I, personally don't like you either.......... so, i guess i should be banned.

You really have to think of what you want to do ..... in your life... and with this site.........

because IMO... you really don't give a FUCK.... YOU ARE USING ALL THE PEOPLE HERE FOR YOUR OWN ADVANCE............ YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE ON THIS SITE.

YOU HAVE NOT SHOWN YOUR FACE HERE FOR 6 MONTHS prior to your OctoberFest....... PRETENDING TO A ROCK STAR OR SOME SORT OF PRETEND LADY GAGA.........

THEN .... You show up ...... 2 weeks before October, and try to save your October Fest, which ParanoiaRodeo saved you for the previous 5 years. And I also am NOT a Para fan, BUT... admit it..... things were the best when he ran the site,,,,,,,,,,, and you were lost on your own island. YOU ALSO USED HIM TO YOUR BENEFIT AND WHEN HE DISAGREED,,,,,,,,, LIKE NARAKU,,,,,,,, YOU BANNED HIS PRIVILEGE TO COMMENT IN THE FORUMS.

I was going to bump your post when you said u were going to be around to straighten things out here.....
AND AGAIN, YOU DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR ANOTHER.................. YEAR.......... O, SORRY ... NINE TENTHS OF A YEAR,,,,,,,,,,,,,, UNTIL 2 WEEKS BEFORE OCTOBER.

but, again.... I don't think you give a fuck. On November 1st,,, no one will see you for another year.

You continue to promise things, and don't fulfill anything that you say you were going to do.

I don't expect a response... and, really don't want one.

Thank you.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:43 am

George874 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:24 am
And, because of that ,,,,,,,,,, u banned him from expressing his opinion.

I, personally don't like you either.......... so, i guess i should be banned.
Naraku is not banned at all. Not from the games or the forums.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:36 am

George874 wrote:

You really have to think of what you want to do ..... in your life... and with this site.........
I believe Dustin has a pretty good idea what he wants to do with his life.
George874 wrote:
because IMO... you really don't give a FUCK.... YOU ARE USING ALL THE PEOPLE HERE FOR YOUR OWN ADVANCE............ YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE ON THIS SITE.
THEN .... You show up ...... 2 weeks before October, and try to save your October Fest, which ParanoiaRodeo saved you for the previous 5 years.
If he really didnt give a fuck about this game you and i wouldnt be playing online anymore and there wont be an Luxtober at all. Also not when he allowed Para to host Luxtober.

Para is now into illegal activities with this game which he can be prosecuted for.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:35 pm

You don't have to like me. But you gotta respect the fact that I created the game and run this place. If you yell insults at the manager of Taco Bell, he's gonna kick you out of the store. Same deal here.

If I didn't give a fuck I wouldn't be here right now. I've also been hosting the online servers 365 days a year. It's in the background yeah, but it's me doing it. When people curse me out saying I don't give a shit, it sometimes makes me want to just turn the lights off here. Would you prefer that? Or how about you come play in the series of tournaments we're hosting this month.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:33 pm

New tournament added.

The Mighty Mushroom tournament.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:24 am

We are half-way through Luxtoberfest, and a bunch of medals have been given out already. Have a look at the 2018 Luxtoberfest Awards Standings!

Hugo and Landlord are the top agents so far...