Luxtoberfest retro-spective

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Luxtoberfest retro-spective

Post by dustin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:51 pm

The mission plan for Luxtoberfest 2018 is hatching...

Post your favorite LUXTOBERFEST MEMORIES in this thread. Let's recall the fun and games of the past.

And let it inspire what we can make happen this year!

:globe :lincoln:

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Luxtoberfest retro-spective

Post by GFips » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:46 am

In addition - here is the link to all the previous Luxtoberfest events:
http://www.sillysoft.net/contests/

take some inspirations from the glory past events :-)

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:17 pm

That was a good year!

Long time to remember? Were we missing something (Well, not "missing." But was something absent?).

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:52 pm

I ofcourse always like the teamgames, twitch, and the halloween, but off the top of my head the most fun I had was mostly during the Castle maps, during the Castle tournaments. The summer grandslam was also fun. And there once was, or maybe more, a samurai (shogun map with nonactive bot in the middle) one vs one tournament that was also entertaining.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:12 am

I agree, teamgames are always fun and something different to the usual business.
Twitch, Memory are real classics. 1:1 Ninja games would be awesome too. Also Survivor was something great.
I personally also enjoyed the "sports" fun events.

And yes, Castles was a great major event we all enjoyed, but this is a long going tournament with many present players needed.

Basically I think we should concentrate on many short going events where people do not have to play many days or be present all the time.
So IMHO you should be able to drop in and play.
Maybe we should even suspemd raw on all other rooms during Luxtober?

So I ask you all: what was your favourite tournament/event in Lux, which should be re-done during Luxtober?

Naraku
Lux Demon

Ghosts of Luxtoberfest past...

Post by Naraku » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:44 am

Nostalgia that draws us back to the game many once played & liked.
Yes what about Survivorfest? will you ever bring that back? Or any team games?
Castles tournament, why did you kill it? Who is suppose to host it these past two years it's been MIA? last I knew it was dustin who had taken the reins of that ship.
Mentor09's Ninja tournament was a great addition to lux along with his Manic Monday's & dedicated P rankings
The fun forum games that many use to host & play in during luxtoberfest have withered & vanished... :-/
No schedule of events or even a new luxtoberfest logo yet?
It is so fun being disappointed with luxtoberfest offering less & less events year over year...

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:54 pm

I would like to bring back to the Luxtoberfest schedule...

Naraku's Map retrospective weekend! Some of my classic maps in a 4-5 day tournament just like luxtoberfest XI!!!

Venture into bizarre realms & worlds as you try to best your opponents. Will it drive you Krazy or can you escape Ravenloft? Will your drow house of Ched Nasad be stabbed in the back? You just haven't lived until your walking the realms in the Game of Sava as the gods kill each other... Will you be able to prevent the goths from sacking Rome in "Fall of Rome"? Which side will win the Cold War(s) ?

Plus if you're really nice maybe the Llama's will invade South america again? :llama

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:08 am

Hey Ya'll..

I have heard _a lot_ of interest in some sort of monetary inclusive tournament.

-KCF

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:13 pm

A monetized lux tournament would turn into probably one of the biggest shit shows we've yet seen. People freak out enough as it is. Just wait till money is on the line. The freak outs and suicides would be awe inspiring. Just my two cents.

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:02 am

Good point. Silent bio with no names.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:20 pm

Naraku wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:54 pm
I would like to bring back to the Luxtoberfest schedule...

Naraku's Map retrospective weekend! Some of my classic maps in a 4-5 day tournament just like luxtoberfest XI!!!

Venture into bizarre realms & worlds as you try to best your opponents. Will it drive you Krazy or can you escape Ravenloft? Will your drow house of Ched Nasad be stabbed in the back? You just haven't lived until your walking the realms in the Game of Sava as the gods kill each other... Will you be able to prevent the goths from sacking Rome in "Fall of Rome"? Which side will win the Cold War(s) ?

Plus if you're really nice maybe the Llama's will invade South america again? :llama

This was a total blast!!!!! I'd definitely play, and I'll bet Beansie would, too. (The true, the original, the inimitable *Dangerous* Beans, that is. If he's not too busy with Swedish models at the moment.) Let me know if it comes to pass!

:smt077 :smt077 :smt077

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:38 pm

well, well, well . . . look what the cat (quasar, specifically) dragged in . . .

:quasar

/me seizes the window of opportunity . . .

#tikidrink

i have been empty since may 13!

/me patiently waits for the rumbling volcano . . . and for godot . . .

m

:catrun

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:23 am

I'm sure this was the first alternative awards for luxtoberfest :)

http://www.outlinedesign.co.uk/luxImages/2008vote.html

I can't believe that graphic is still on my server after 10 years lol. I believe I won the assgrab award at the time. All the other awards I seem to have awarded to myself :)

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:30 pm

LOL djdee :smt023

"Player that most lurks the forums Award" could be an highly coveted award this year too.

For the "Suicide Award", "Loudest shout Award" and the "Most swearing award" we would also still have some candidates this year, hehe.
Nice too see things are still current somehow :-)

I offically suggest you for the "Quote of the year Award" for re-posting this nice graphics :-)

By the way: are there still any Clowns around and lurking in the forums? (or is GK really the last one? Me misses Nimmy's red nose)