End of Lux?

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
killercatfish
Luxer

End of Lux?

Post by killercatfish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 am

Has Lux finally become just for that small core of friends? Where did Bio go? And why can't I host? Please dont bash Bio. I don't bash other maps. Really just wondering if its time for me to actually go and find/make a different game?

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Re: End of Lux?

Post by plane crazy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:54 am

It is Luxtoberfest time limited games and rooms this month.

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:13 am

See, thats what i keep being told. Then why is the Silicon, Roman, and imperium? How about we open up a bio so the core playing crowd can enjoy ourselves and play. Typically we have a full room right now. Instead the server is empty. _sad_

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:47 am

Hi KFC,

i think Plane is correct. We mods do not have any Special info, so I cannot tell you why only Bio is down, but as last year I think Dustin shut down some of the sillysofts non-tournament-host during Luxtober. I think they will come back soon again.

But feel free to host games yourself.
killercatfish wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 am
And why can't I host?
So I don't know why you can't. If you go a bit more in details what the problem is, we might be able to help to you set up a host.

I personally like the classic map (not blaming bio at all, just my opponion. Complete different strategy and both can be fun), but I also saw some of the "experienced bio players" play classic now half suiciding just to pop the low incomes but not seeing easy kills. That was no fun at all. Classic is rather card based, but a lot bio players are only used to income-based maps. So I also beg Dustin to bring back bio back again soon :-)

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:52 am

1. This is some sort of hate toward bio, because its the only one thats been taken down.
2. No one is able to host.
3. As you said GF, you don't want bio players in classic.

Luxtracker is not available.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Bio rooms were set to twitch last week. When the CLASSIC tournament went up the other tourney rooms were closed. I've put regular BIO rooms back up now.

Will respond to your email and see if we can get your hosting setup configured to work...

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Would your fetish for bio hold up if it weren't for the ranking churn, KCF? be honest.

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Bean wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:55 pm
Would your fetish for bio hold up if it weren't for the ranking churn, KCF? be honest.
Its offensive, honestly, that you bash bio so much. Do I bash classic? I havent cared about my raw for a decade. Ranking what. Quick games that are different every round.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:53 pm

How old are you? How can you be 'offended' that I "bash" and what is this "bashing" that you talk of anyway? I advocate for coherent ranking system that doesn't make Lux into a one room asshat festival. I dislike Classic even more to be honest. But seriously, don't pretend you are a snowflake. Everyone knows you are not. Quit bashing on me. Plenty of other people dislike or distrust bio and its supposed effects on the game. I actually think it's more likely the weekly chase that causes bio to be popular and generates a lot of the nasty in it. If it were just another map that sometimes were offered, it would probably not have the same taint.

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Post by plane crazy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Bean, I am 59 years old. Haven't cared about raw for about 5 years now. Never been in a weekly chase. I have 10k games, almost all bio and I just don't see the rampant asshating and suicides so much anymore. I really like bio, thats all I choose to play. Different map every game. We bio players hear others bash bio alot. Like bio is the redheaded devil spawned stepchild anti-Christ bitch whore of Lux and is responsible for the downfall of the holy grail classic, and the reason why people get cancer. Give KCF a break, he has the right to be a bit testy.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:56 pm

true true. if it weren't bio, it would be some other single map and I have to admit i'm just not a a one dance kind of guy. I do swing, english country, salsa, fusion. Each of those communities is full of folks who only do the one thing. Of course, they dont' do it to the same song over and over again, but I reckon you bio lovers don't view it as listening to the same song over and over, or if you do, well you just like that song. I almost didn't play lux after the first few months. I remember mainly George as the bully, but have enjoyed playing with him since and anyway the culture is the same. I do think it's the weekly chase and not the map. I also think making the rankings system center on one map is a bad practice and has failed empirically. My advocacy in the mod lounge at present is to make bio a monthly ranked room and the weekly chase a rotating map. If not that, I think the rankings page should simply say Bio Deux rankings instead of "weekly."

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Post by plane crazy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:15 pm

We all have our prefered activities. While I enjoy bio here on Lux central, I also have about 25 others hobbies. I own, maintain and fly a small Cessna 150 airplane. I have a 35ft. sailboat and sail around here in San Diego. I fish, hike in the Sierra's, camp in the desert and have about 100 model aircraft that I have been flying for 54 years. I read a book a week, have 2 grown kids and a fantastic wife. I like cats and am a progressive liberal involved in advocating for womans and elder rights. So for me, while I may dance to the same bio dance here in Luxville, I am tripping the light fantastic in every other aspect of life. Cheers.

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:38 pm

plane crazy wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:48 pm
the redheaded devil spawned stepchild anti-Christ bitch whore of Lux
you rang?!

:curtsey
plane crazy wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:15 pm
I own, maintain and fly a small Cessna 150 airplane. I have a 35ft. sailboat and sail around here in San Diego. I fish, hike in the Sierra's, camp in the desert and have about 100 model aircraft that I have been flying for 54 years. I read a book a week, have 2 grown kids and a fantastic wife. I like cats and am a progressive liberal involved in advocating for womans and elder rights.
Plane Crazy for President! 2020! :smt109 #makeluxgreatagain /me swoons!

m (post # 195, baybeee!)

:catrun

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 am

Everyone knows that the best map is Imperium.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:57 am

Ha, but imperium has a smaller pool and some of the pool are serious unreachable asshatters (i.e. language barriers) or just stubborn ones. It's a fun map and fun on bio sometimes even with 2 or 3 people. 6 people, it's a commitment and then you might waste 20-40 min because of the one angry suicide. Para argued that it is a broken map, and sometimes I agree, but still the main issue (as with bio deux and probably any map) is a tit for tat nonsense (suicides, angry retaliation). At least there is almost always a chance to win, whereas often in bio the 5th and 6th best starts are just hoping for errors of others as a path to victory and so a lot of games are just parking exercises (hey, but at least they are short most of the time).

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:58 am

Hunters Keep!

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Post by plane crazy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:53 am

Plane loves him some 'Nemo.

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:58 pm

other maps are nice. but lux exists because of bio.