Deep Blue: suiciding isn't against the rules

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:29 pm

(who knew?)

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Re: Deep Blue: suiciding isn't against the rules

Post by Deep Blue » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Nothing new. If you have followed this forum over the years you would have known it has always been a topic of debate. Quick search example viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22523&hilit=suiciding I bet I can find 10 more threads like that
Last edited by Deep Blue on Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:56 pm

wow looks like I was still on drugs in that topic :D

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Ya learn something new every day!

(I always thought suiciding was against the rules)

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Rule 10 - "No asshatting, suiciding, or boardflipping. This rule basically intends to prohibit behavior directed at harming others with no chance or intention of gaining a higher ranking in the game. "
So which one is it? :panic:

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:21 pm

Well like Nim said in the thread "Singular suicides are not against the rules. Continuous suicides are "griefing" or "general asshattery"."

I believe it has never been against the rules . Not before the Para imperium, neither during nor after. It has always just been frowned upon. The rule against boardflipping was made to prevent abuse during the raw chase. Suiciding can ofcourse become an offence if repeated. The context is very important here, I explained that already in the chat then, but stelee forgot to include that chat. quick resume there is a difference between a defensive suicide and an offensive suicide, but then still...read the thread I posted above to understand how difficult it can be. But it can be just as easy, if someone starts to target someone and starts suiciding his armies with no aim at winning or gain. That is actually against the rules.
Same with asshatting, usually a single asshat will go unpunished, but more will fall under "general asshatery".
In the original rules, who are still to be found in the lux docs section --> https://sillysoft.net/wiki/?Lux%20Rules
These "rules" aren't here even included, and the suicide rule has been seldom enforced.
That oldtimeres like you guys who have been playing this game since the dawn of man, come and ask about the rules of the game worries me. The rules have been clear from day one. So don't ask me to ban someone for a single suicide. It happens. Grow a pair.

ps edit Ofcourse you can be banned for a single suicide if it is the end of a chain of events

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:44 pm

A suicide like in reality is only a problem if you take other innocents out. You may stay inactive until you get booted or stay in an angle doing only the minimum. In any case a rather dubious behavior.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:33 pm

true baden, and that's why it is just a subclass under rule #2. see http://sillysoft.net/lux/rules.php. If it ruins the game, it's proscribed. usually all the others are innocents, even the target. a good standard: a bunch of innocent people have their game mean nothing because of your bullshit, and that's a violation of rule #2., oh, and of course generally we look for a pattern of abuse before taking more than communicative action. not that I've always been good on that, but i try.