Catfished in the Deep Blue?

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Catfished in the Deep Blue?

Post by Dangerous Beans » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:43 pm

Deep Blue wrote:Maybe now I start to understand why you went all asshole on me, after i took Afr. I want to apologize, you are certainly not the dumbest player in lux. There are way dumber people, and I shouldn't have called you that. Maybe I just should have said. Dumb move, idiot. Or something like that.

-This is how mods talk nowadays? Admits to Kitty that he shouldn't have called him dumb, because there are dumber players in lux, while still maintaining that Killer is dumb just not the dumbest? Pretty insulting and just bad form imo, especially when he locks the thread right after.

I know it is expected of me to set the example somehow, and I have to commit, it isn't always that easy. And I too make mistakes.

-There is a HUGE difference between muting someone yourself, and putting them on MEGAmute for everyone just because you didn't like something he said to you.

I haven't made any mistake in my judgement though. At the moment I muted you, you were actual attacking my persona.

-Yet even after you ban him for 14 days, mute him over multiple games, you locked the thread after posting this in order to attack him by repeatedly talking about how you consider him the dumbest player in lux among other insults?

I was being an asshole these day. Which I wasn't, but now it makes a bit sense with me saying you are the dumbest player in lux and all. It isn't the first time you do that. But this time it was serious. You were not joking.

-So you admit you attacked him which is part of why he attacked you back? If you are going to do that then keep it at that level, don't try to bring your 'mod status' and use it as an advantage in a personal dispute between the two of you.

At that point, me as a mod, have to defend myself. Now there are two options. Or I start bashing you, and your cripple gameplay, and start calling you a terrible loser and stuff...Or I mute you, set the example, and tell you to watch the language.

-Uh... seriously? Do I really need to spell out what is wrong with this statement? You have in effect bashed him and muted him now.

Because I wasn't really emotionally invested in that game, I made the right call. I was surprised somewhat myself.

Now that was the mute. As I already have explained to you, but what you don't seem to get, is the why you got banned. I will repeat it one last time and then I will take a shiny new lock and end this thread because clearly no good comes from it. And I don't expect you understand either. Your persistence after the mute, your quest so to say, to question my authority and judgement. Your lies. And your history of creating a negative environment. That is what got you banned.

-Part of why you banned him is because he questioned your authority? :oops:

So I stand by my decision and won't dumb it down to 14 days on mute.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep Blue wrote:
You bully people all the time Killer, and target. It is about time it stopped. I'm sorry you clearly have issues, but that is not to be dragged into this community. You deal with them on your own, and get your story straight.
So is this why you are banning Killer, or is it because he called you an Asshole?

Seems like if he didn't play with you that day and get in an argument with you then he would be free of charge and that you decided to ban him after you muted him without explanation so in the heat of the moment he spammed /report to try and bring it to your attention?

Either way you are personally attacking Killer by saying he has issues in real life and calling him a dumb lux player on top of other things which is pretty poor conduct for a Mod.

This new breed of Mods are pretty frightening. :panic:

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Re: Catfished in the Deep Blue?

Post by Deep Blue » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi dangerous beans

Pretty cute post, where to begin? Well you have to know that english isn't my first language so, if my post sound insensitive towards killercatfish I reget that. What i said is the truth, he isn't the dumbest player in lux. Although you could argue that provocking the mods all the time is pretty dumb and this had to happen at some point.

I am sorry if killercatfish can't accept any other authority than his own. That is his right, but in here we are in an online game. If a mod mutes you, for good reason. You have to accept that. Not start pm the other mods with lies.

"There is a HUGE difference between muting someone yourself, and putting them on MEGAmute for everyone just because you didn't like something he said to you."

I have put him on megamute yes? Because he was attacking me. A lux mod. He called me an asshole. And he was serious about it. He has done it in the past and I have let it slide. I am not so strick on language. The mega mute was the original punishment. But killer doesn't like to get punished, he is above the law and we are useless mods. Or was it fascist? I think it was fascist.

"-So you admit you attacked him which is part of why he attacked you back? If you are going to do that then keep it at that level, don't try to bring your 'mod status' and use it as an advantage in a personal dispute between the two of you."

No apparently he was holding a grudge over something I said two weeks ago. After he halfkilled me and lost the game by doing that. I did't see it at first but now it all makes sense, he was becoming increasly hostile in his play. And me in the last game, making a perfectly sane move made him explode. And that started the insult. Now, Beans, I don't know what former mods did't when someone insulted them. But I think it was immeadite ban. I never saw someone use the mute, especially not para. I used the megamute because I like killercatfish.

"Uh... seriously? Do I really need to spell out what is wrong with this statement? You have in effect bashed him and muted him now." You are right, I should not repeately bring up his poor gameplay. It clearly shows my lack of respect for him. And there with get to the main issue.

"Part of why you banned him is because he questioned your authority? :oops:" Absolutely. While my respect for killercatfish for some years was great. He has lost most of it. It is hard to respect someone who doesn't respect you and badmouths you at any given moment.

"So is this why you are banning Killer, or is it because he called you an Asshole?" Like I said before. No the mute for the asshole was enough. It was the pm with lies that triggered me. Plus there was a warning from pjb 28 of may and there were chatlogs of him targetting.

"Seems like if he didn't play with you that day and get in an argument with you then he would be free of charge and that you decided to ban him after you muted him without explanation so in the heat of the moment he spammed /report to try and bring it to your attention?" I told him why I muted him.

"Either way you are personally attacking Killer by saying he has issues in real life and calling him a dumb lux player on top of other things which is pretty poor conduct for a Mod." True, and honesly I believed I would never have to banned someone in my lifetime as a mod. I guess that if killer had shown some more respect and didn't attack us personally he would have een playing now, worryless.

"This new breed of Mods are pretty frightening. :panic:" We are actually much more democratic and lose then the previous mods. I don't think with former mods there would be any disscution. (sorry for the many spelling mistakes, this is my laptop and has no English autocorrect!)

cheers deep

:scooter :scooter

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Deep Blue wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Although you could argue that provocking the mods all the time is pretty dumb and this had to happen at some point.

-Fair enough, I wasn't there and havn't seen any interactions between Killer and mods, but provoking a mod shouldn't be considered a higher offense than provoking any other player in the game. I would argue that even the opposite is true, that mods should have thicker skin than regular players.

I have put him on megamute yes? Because he was attacking me. A lux mod. He called me an asshole. And he was serious about it. He has done it in the past and I have let it slide. I am not so strick on language. The mega mute was the original punishment. But killer doesn't like to get punished, he is above the law and we are useless mods. Or was it fascist? I think it was fascist.

-Once again, I see this theme that at least part of your rationalization is that you are a mod, which you seem to take attacks against you more seriously than normal players, whereas in the lux world a good mod shouldn't use his authority as justification for anything. You seem to be putting yourself on a higher pedestal where those that would attack you are exposing themselves to more punishment than if they attack a non-mod player.

"-So you admit you attacked him which is part of why he attacked you back? If you are going to do that then keep it at that level, don't try to bring your 'mod status' and use it as an advantage in a personal dispute between the two of you."

Now, Beans, I don't know what former mods did't when someone insulted them. But I think it was immeadite ban. I never saw someone use the mute, especially not para. I used the megamute because I like killercatfish.

-All the mods in the past used megamute, and I would say the opposite, that most mods in the past from what I witnessed usually brushed aside attacks on them and were more concerned about defending the general lux public than protecting themselves with mod powers.

No the mute for the asshole was enough. It was the pm with lies that triggered me. Plus there was a warning from pjb 28 of may and there were chatlogs of him targetting.

-I didn't see and didn't know of the PM's, so I can't really comment on that.

"This new breed of Mods are pretty frightening. :panic:" We are actually much more democratic and lose then the previous mods. I don't think with former mods there would be any disscution.

-Maybe my memory is shaky, but I remember mods in the past constantly having to defend their actions and justify their bans, and they usually didn't use personal anecdotes in order to do so.

cheers deep

My concern is that you seem to have the idea that because you are a mod players should be careful in how they interact with you, as opposed to being concerned with how players interact with other players, and it is generally considered bad practice to judge a player based on a game that you are playing in with them, as this would be called having a biased opinion.

In the past mods would never really moderate on a game that they were playing in- it was an expressed rule (of course if they are being racist or homophobic that is different, but calling someone an asshole is something I see almost every time I play bio).

A mod should first try to resolve the situation using chat, similar to giving a verbal warning. When you go straight to megamuting someone without first chatting with the offender it rubs both parties the wrong way. The player will without a doubt feel discriminated against and will have resentment for not even being able to argue his side of the story, and this resentment towards mods increases when you become inaccessible and act like that since you are a mod, you are automatically in the right.

Obviously Killer can be be in peoples' faces in the chat and no doubt he can be offensive and rude, and he probably deserved the megamute, the ban I'm not so sure, spamming report to get the attention of moderators to question their actions can seem like the only route for a player who was megamuted, although it is definitely not a good way of doing it. But spamming report like that shouldn't be enough to get someone banned for 2 weeks. KCF should have taken the mute in stride and asked you nicely to unmute him. Obviously he didn't do this, and I don't know the extent of the PM's you guys exchanged and what the 'lies' were, so I can't really judge that, but banning seems to be a pretty extreme reaction- especially when you and KCF have/had some sort of beef already going on during the time the ban took place.

There seems to be a dangerous progression towards mods abusing their power, ESPECIALLY in games that they are playing in, and I would stress that moderators should be trying to work with players not against them.

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Post by plane crazy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:50 am

But...why should mods accept abuse? They are no different than any other player except they have the power to instantly hold people accountable for their actions. Damn, I would take offence just as you would DB if I entered a room and was told I was being an asshole. So a mute was in order ( I was in the game at the time). Where this went south was kcf's choice to spam the mods about it. At the end of the day, If ya can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:27 pm

They are different from any other player because they have accepted the role of moderator. Part of this role requires players to supercede their own biases and LOOK AT THINGS OBJECTIVELY.

I never said they should accept abuse, but if I were a moderator I would be extra careful about using my powers in cases that I was involved in personally, as mods in the past HAVE ALWAYS DONE UNTIL NOW. Yes it is harder to do so, granted there is a much smaller player pool, but any situation where a mod is involved personally in the game/occurrence(s) should be a situation where that mod involved in it does not take part in the judgement (once again obviously if someone is using hate speech or discrimination that is different than trading insults).

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:14 pm

I think the abuse of power line of analysis is so silly. There is no impact to our use of power except minor effects on behavior in a very small population of players. No one is getting any credibility from rankings, or money for playing, or extra love from our lovers because of Lux. Abuse of power as a critique is for actual use of real power to really affect people. Example: Teacher using power to coerce students into sex. Example: Police officer using intimidation to generate informal revenue (bribes).

I personally don't think our trustworthiness, power, or credibility matters very much. There are intrinsic limits to our credibility levels in a situation like this generally and with such a few people involved now, the trolls, assholes, and bullies have a lot more squawk room then they should. Asking us to perform embodiments of various idealistic moral and political fantasies, as some do, is annoying. Like asking a bouncer to be fair. Oh, but bouncers get paid and they control the gates to real fun places supposedly. We mods are like unpaid bouncers at the gates of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). Sure nothing wrong with fried chicken. Just don't look around in the kitchen too closely.

There is a lot of bullshit in Lux and we have very close access to it. Then again, there is a lot of bullshit everywhere. You deal with it. You use whatever power you can to mess with it a little along the way. You dance. You live life.

caveats: i'm concerned I caste too many aspersions here to be confident DB won't think I called him a name or something. Please, DB, I was not referring to you in any of said aspersions or castes or litter boxes. ;)

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:18 am

Bean wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:14 pm
I personally don't think our trustworthiness, power, or credibility matters very much...
NewLux, in a nutshell.

:smt018

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:35 am

And your evidence that it does matter, TSK? Your quote and reply is an example of the very evidence I have encountered leading me to believe what I said. I know I can do work and performances to bolster my ethos online in this space. I do NOT know that the work would matter. I mean, maybe if I thought about it, I'd know the key 3 buttons for TSK and the 5 key buttons for Rogue. I could push those buttons. It might make you two love and respect me (my online self that is). I don't think so.

To be fair, I did not mention my evidence either. And really, my claim is only for a subset of the population. Someone mentioned I can't be trusted. That person cannot be persuaded. That's my point and I have a lot of experience to back it up. Other folks, my ethos does matter, but it was not hard won. With pluralism alone, you can't please everyone. With other factors like trolling, bullying, general disrespect/hate, it makes it clear to me there is a sense in which work on credibility with respect to some people is not worth anything.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:19 pm

That wasn't directed solely at you, Bean, although the quote was yours.

I simply meant that the population in Lux, moderators *and* players, has shifted to valuing the exercise of "power" and the collecting of pixel trophies above Silly-ness, camaraderie and personal honor. I don't find it unreasonable to hold moderators to a higher standard. I would expect them to hold themselves to a higher standard, too. In your case, I did certainly respect you enough to recommend you as a moderator, and thought that you could benefit the community.

I also don't find it unreasonable for moderators to check each others' behavior in private- and I hope that''s the case here. The killah can certainly be crude, annoying and entitled at times. (Wub ya, fishies.) So can we all. He's also been a force for good in Lux, arguably more so than those moderating him. We all go through rough patches. If a moderator can't be moderate, I'd expect his colleagues to back him up publicly- and give him a good shaking in private. And when his actions are repeatedly doing more harm than good in Lux... I'd hope he'd have both the personal honor, and the respect for the community he agreed to serve, to step down.

As I did, hopefully before I hit that point. :smt077

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:06 am

Hi Dangerous Beans,

I have read your concerns. I will answer a bit shorter now.
Dangerous Beans wrote: My concern is that you seem to have the idea that because you are a mod players should be careful in how they interact with you, as opposed to being concerned with how players interact with other players, and it is generally considered bad practice to judge a player based on a game that you are playing in with them, as this would be called having a biased opinion.
Let me start by taking your fears away; the using of my mod powers have affected at no point the outcome of the game I was playing. In fact the game had nothing to do with the using of my mod powers. I muted killercatfish because he used profanity.
Dangerous Beans wrote: Once again, I see this theme that at least part of your rationalization is that you are a mod, which you seem to take attacks against you more seriously than normal players, whereas in the lux world a good mod shouldn't use his authority as justification for anything. You seem to be putting yourself on a higher pedestal where those that would attack you are exposing themselves to more punishment than if they attack a non-mod player.
The one thing you seem to forget is that I am a mod. I have a pretty thick skin. You said something about that too, that you expect that of a mod. In this past few months (maybe a year already, damn time flies) people have been throwing a lot of verbal terms at me, just because I am a mod, and I didn't make any point of it.

In the past I have used also profanity. Last rant I had was about a month ago, against landlord, which afterwards I regretted. I felt that, even though at the beginning I said to myself, I wouldn't change, I couldn't use those words any more. Since then I have made the decision to become more conscience of the language I use against the players. But I am also more conscience of the language players use towards me.

You have some valid points also. Yes, it would be ideal if the banning would have been done by someone else. In fact I caught GFips 5 min in time. He was also about to penalise kcf. Dunno what his verdict would have been, but that is not the point. There was a proposal by Roguemonk that suggested all banning should be done by an other mod then the mod involved. I don't agree with that, because the proposal starts from the idea that we moderators are not able to moderate. I mean if we would not know good from bad, we better stop.

Hi Plane crazy,

Thanks for your views and support. It means a lot to me. You were in the game and saw what happend and sometimes when you start doubting yourself, with all these experts here, it is good you have something to rely on. <3

Hi TSK

Welcome back. I have missed your voice. It is good to see that you still care about the future of lux. I can only hope that your voice will be a constructive one. The destructive voices are well represented already. Maybe you could put the silly back in Sillysoft, who knows.

I also think that moderator should hold somewhat a higher standard. And maybe this is a new lux yes. The tyrant has been death for a while, and has been buried and mourned. I like the idea of a new lux. Open and modest and fun. I hope you can be a part of that.

cheers deep

Last edited by PJB on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made "quotations" so its clear who said what.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Bean wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:14 pm
I think the abuse of power line of analysis is so silly. There is no impact to our use of power except minor effects on behavior in a very small population of players. No one is getting any credibility from rankings, or money for playing, or extra love from our lovers because of Lux. Abuse of power as a critique is for actual use of real power to really affect people. Example: Teacher using power to coerce students into sex. Example: Police officer using intimidation to generate informal revenue (bribes).

- A Mod can MOST DEFINITELY use their power for personal vendettas, or wait for a luxer they don't like personally to toe the line and then punish them for it... I have personally seen this happen a few times with mods in the past. No it is not extreme, and no one is killing each other or having love affairs or getting rich over Lux, but that doesn't mean mods cannot abuse their power in terms of Lux.

I personally don't think our trustworthiness, power, or credibility matters very much. There are intrinsic limits to our credibility levels in a situation like this generally and with such a few people involved now, the trolls, assholes, and bullies have a lot more squawk room then they should. Asking us to perform embodiments of various idealistic moral and political fantasies, as some do, is annoying. Like asking a bouncer to be fair. Oh, but bouncers get paid and they control the gates to real fun places supposedly. We mods are like unpaid bouncers at the gates of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). Sure nothing wrong with fried chicken. Just don't look around in the kitchen too closely.

-A bouncer does not get paid, that is why they also quit if it no longer becomes worth it for them. If you volunteer to become a Mod for Lux, that means that you should have some degree of love and dedication to the game that wants you to spend personal time improving the place .

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:07 pm

Deep Blue wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:06 am

Dangerous Beans wrote: Once again, I see this theme that at least part of your rationalization is that you are a mod, which you seem to take attacks against you more seriously than normal players, whereas in the lux world a good mod shouldn't use his authority as justification for anything. You seem to be putting yourself on a higher pedestal where those that would attack you are exposing themselves to more punishment than if they attack a non-mod player.
The one thing you seem to forget is that I am a mod. I have a pretty thick skin. You said something about that too, that you expect that of a mod. In this past few months (maybe a year already, damn time flies) people have been throwing a lot of verbal terms at me, just because I am a mod, and I didn't make any point of it.

-That is good, if they don't like it then fuck 'em.

You have some valid points also. Yes, it would be ideal if the banning would have been done by someone else. In fact I caught GFips 5 min in time. He was also about to penalise kcf. Dunno what his verdict would have been, but that is not the point. There was a proposal by Roguemonk that suggested all banning should be done by an other mod then the mod involved. I don't agree with that, because the proposal starts from the idea that we moderators are not able to moderate. I mean if we would not know good from bad, we better stop.

-There is a difference from knowing good from bad and being blinded due to personal emotions, which can happen to the best of us, including you.

I also think that moderator should hold somewhat a higher standard. And maybe this is a new lux yes. The tyrant has been death for a while, and has been buried and mourned. I like the idea of a new lux. Open and modest and fun. I hope you can be a part of that.

-If it weren't for Para, lux would have been dead years ago, since I assume that is who you mean by the tyrant, but that is really neither here nor there.

cheers deep

:smt028

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 am

Dangerous Beans wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:07 pm

-If it weren't for Para, lux would have been dead years ago, since I assume that is who you mean by the tyrant, but that is really neither here nor there.

:smt028
I'd just like to heartily second this. Too often, personality clashes have caused some players/moderators to forget how integral paranoiarodeo's contributions were to our good times.

Tonight's a good example. I thought I'd play a game or two on line, and checked into the "weekly chase" room in the hope that another player or two would have the same idea. I played a bot game... the next game didn't start. Once, I would have let paranoiarodeo know... problem quickly solved. Now, I don't even know who would be willing or able to reset the room, or when they might respond (if ever).

I gave it up as a lost cause.

Thanks again, paranoiarodeo. :smt049

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:13 am

If a room chrashes Tsk don't be afraid to send a pm to one of the mods to set up a new room. We are here to help. If it is us hours best to contact us mod, if eu hours eu mod.

Glad to be of help.

king size
Luxer

Post by king size » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:02 pm

since when it's forbidden to make fun of a mod?
especially when the mod in question is going around asking people to watch their language for a "bitching" and then judges player based on his perception of their supposed dumbness and his personal relations with him.
I believe that a sincere apology and a revoke of the ban are the least you can do for a veteran like catfish. It seems a pure abuse of power to me.
Mods banning people for how they treat mods seems dangerous in a war game where you can easily lose you "cool".
I'm sorry to jump in so late but I just discovered the whole thing and wanted to share my thoughts.

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi king, I'm glad you jumped in because I consider you a valued member of this community and I appreciate your opinion.

Killercatfish was not banned for making fun of a mod. Killercatfish was originally put on mute for calling a mod an asshole. He then went to spam the report button and then send a pm to the other mods in which he lied about the situation which led to the ban. He had been warned multiple times about his behaviour. I don't think a sincere apology and a revoke of the ban are in order.

You have to know that it is absolutely no problem to make fun of a mod. What is a problem, is repeatedly calling the mods fascist, abusive, assholes not for fun but seriously with the only reason: hurt the mods reputation and make them unable to do their job.

Now i can take a bit, and you should know I am a jester somewhat myself so please, if it is having fun, please do so. Yes, as solo said this afternoon, we are all adults and if Dr. Thorvaldt want to wave his pink dildo while some else shows of his new bathing suit, for me that is perfectly fine. For me that is. I dunno what other mods think about it.

I like a good discussion especially when it is about the game. Not about what someone is, or how someone behaves. This can be difficult and hard. I understand. The discussion between you and JWS this afternoon was held very professional or was it JSW and landlord. With respect for ones integrity and common decency.

I know soloman a bit after playing so much games with him. And when he meddled, well, mostly it ends in asshat and bitch and shit. And indeed after two sentences he was already accusing JSW of bitching. Yes, I asked solo this afternoon to try to keep it civil, and to avoid terms like bitching etc, I asked. Maybe I even said please, could be, please keep it civil. And he listened. We had some great games today, this afternoon.

You bring killercatfish veterancy in as argument to not punish him. You should know when I started to be a mod and killercatfish was interested also to become one, I vote pro. Then when the alias game started, I still defended him, on the same grounds (verterancy). I dunno how he did it but he managed to get a mod squat were he had 3 strong friends rally against him in under 7 months. But maybe this is what happens if you call mods one time to many fascists, or assholes.

I hope that clears thing up King. i am always in for a fun game, you know that. See you on the battlefield.

deep

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:54 am

king size wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:02 pm
a revoke of the ban are the least you can do for a veteran like catfish.
KCF's suspension was already over on June 13 and also his latest suspension was way overdue.

king size
Luxer

Post by king size » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:49 pm

I must have missed something Catfish has always played aggressively but fair to me. I'm just sorry we may have lost a good player in the process

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:20 pm

Wow. Just wow. The commentary and condescension from some of the mods in this thread is disappointing. It's a pretty acute example of the state of lux. A mod banning a player and calling them "the dumbest player in lux" and then DEFENDING the comment is just ridiculous and is definitely an abuse of power. And Bean, I'm sorry dude, but you just seem jaded as hell from being a mod. If you think your capabilities as a mod are so arbitrary, then maybe it's time you took a step back from them.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:17 pm

lol. Don't worry RB, I'm not on the brink of some over-jadeness. I wonder what that would look like. No one likes trolls, and anyone getting either too worked up over them or too optimistic about possibilities for curing them is delusional. I try not to be that way, but what I said is true: we have closer access to a lot of bullshit than others. I have pretty good feelings about Lux generally. I am sorry you are disappointed and also that you did not buy my critique of the abuse of power line. I liked that critique. Maybe it needed further development. sigh.

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:55 pm

yes, Red Baird I mostly agree with you. It is pretty condescending to call someone the dumbest player in lux, and as I have said before he isn't. I said it after a real dumb move he made more then two weeks before the ban, and apparently it hurt him. This had nothing to do with the ban. Nevertheless I should not have called him that. I should have said, dumb move idiot, move on. Again. I am not DEFENDING it as you put it. And yes, it is ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as calling mods fascist.