the future of the game

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
landlord
Lux Demon

the future of the game

Post by landlord » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:28 am

Dear Dustin

please stop this

I care about the game and willing to pay a member ship fee monthly i love the game hate to see it going

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: the future of the game

Post by Bean » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:08 am

Sadly, the game has been "going" for years. Believe it or not, some of the problem is that we offered a poor menu and failed to manage unruly guests. It is no real stretch to make this restaurant analogy. We had a certain offering on the menu and our customer based declined steadily. Then, the remaining customer base near the very end is disappointed that we are choosing to abandon the failed menu. To be clear, the menu is great for the small group who continue to like it, but that is not enough. The evidence for bio's culpability is quite substantial and gets bigger the more I dig into past discussions. I think any single map will foster similar cultural noise, but it just happens discussions of bio are more common over the past decade plus.

Anyway, we had a bad menu and we are fixing it. I hope you, Landlord, and many others will continue to enjoy this place for years to come.

Gushiken
Lux Newbie

Post by Gushiken » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Glad to hear that there's going to be a future for this place. Great news for people like me who are just discovering it.

nemoomen
Lux Newbie

Post by nemoomen » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Have you ever thought of making Lux free (maybe ad-supported)? I can't imagine the revenue stream from the $9.99 is that high anymore. You could rejuvenate the community and probably make a bunch more money from ads vs one time fees.

I used to play the game at a friend's house when I was younger and loved it, I miss playing the game but I can't really justify the $10 (especially with all the doom and gloom on the message board here). I don't know how many others there are like me, but there's a market.

PS I would love a "full history of the game & forums" post, Bean.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:02 am

Hi nemoomen,

thanks for your thoughts.
nemoomen wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:43 pm
I miss playing the game
You can always come back with your old registration (it does not expire). You are always welcomed.
In case you lost your old Registration use that: Link . If it does not work pm or mail sillysoft.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:50 am

Ha, I'm no historian. PM me. If you want to join the fight against the doomers and gloomers, I'll hook you up.

king size
Luxer

Post by king size » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:19 am

If we are to write a brief history of Lux I recommend Dangerous Bean for the writing ;)

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:48 pm

nemoomen wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:43 pm
I would love a "full history of the game & forums"
Lux Wiki

The History of Lux

Player Profiles

nemoomen
Lux Newbie

Post by nemoomen » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:12 pm

RogueMonk wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:48 pm
The History of Lux
That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for, thanks! It's a little in-jokey but I can follow it.