October Rankings

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

October Rankings

Post by dustin » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:28 am

Hey Luxers,

After taking stock of the current reality of online Lux and the rankings setup, and reflecting on the experiments we've been trying for the past little while, I am making some changes as October dawns upon us. Specifically:

- Weekly Winners leaderboard will now rank ALL games, Biohazard included. It will reset weekly. This is for players that enjoy Biohazard.

- Map Explorers ladder will score rankings for all non-bio games. It will reset weekly. This is for players who enjoy playing on diverse non-bio maps.

- Seeds will be based on combined performance in both ladders.

I hope this creates rankings areas for all Lux lovers to enjoy.

Mods continue to have the power to set maps available on Sillysoft servers. All players also have the ability to host rooms of their preference (if you have your internet setup configured correctly).

Comments, questions, flames, welcome... :smt028
Last edited by dustin on Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killercatfish
Luxer

Re: October Rankings

Post by killercatfish » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

First thought that comes to mind is that your avatar is very handsome.

Second thought is could we come up with some marketing scheme and maybe offer game for free for a bit to swell the ranks?

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:06 am

killercatfish wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm
Second thought is could we come up with some marketing scheme and maybe offer game for free for a bit to swell the ranks?
I suggested a few things on marketing and advertising the game to a wider public. Like advertising this game in all of his Lux mobile games, Lux Touch, Lux USA, Lux DLX, Lux Roman. In all these mobile games there is no reference to the mother game Lux Delux and these games have been downloaded hundred thousand of times. So i think that is a good idea to get new players. I and other mods also came up with some different marketing campaigns and suggested it.

Dusitn replied that he recently started a marketing campaign without succes. Thats it. I suggest you send your ideas to dustin or start a topic here in the forums.

But to be honest and correct me if im wrong Dustin. Dustin doesnt want to spend to much energy on this old game anymore. He will still keep the tracker alive and host rooms 365. On occasion some tournaments and some small tweeks in the ranking system and or bugs and off course his service in the forums to new and old players.

I believe you and i KCF and many others want more but thats not realistic anymore i realise. You might think KCF that we mods are just here to police the game but everyone of us want to make this game bigger in their own way. We need the big boss for that. If you want to have something done you can speak to us but you really need to speak to Dustin.

This is what Dustin said 2 years ago on Luxtber awards:
Milltycoon: So, Dustin, do we have a plan to quadruple our membership this year?
█ dustin: no plan for quadruplets
█ dustin: I think we're fading into the sunset actually
█ dustin: all things change
PJB: nicely said
█ dustin: it's been amazing to see the arc of lux over the last 14 years
█ dustin: maybe it could have been a different arc
I think this is saying enough.

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:51 am

Pretty obvious thats where we're at. My question is why we need mods then? :-)

Dustin: At any time you want someone to take over the reins of hosting on server and such, im here for you. In fact, I'd love the allowance to go make a web/native upgrade to the code in the name of lux and let you cash in your share if it works.

/hme loves you all.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:44 pm

I'm doing some flash sales this week fyi. Sales do happened somewhat regularly, and they do bring in bumps of people. When new people come online, please welcome them nicely.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Based on feedback I've received, the "Luxtopian Explorers" ladder will also be a weekly ladder.

Seedings going forward will be based on BOTH the Bio chase ladder, and the Explorers ladder.

"Luxtopian Explorers" name may be changed still.