Lux Delux on the Vision Pro

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
SecondTermMistake
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Lux Delux on the Vision Pro

Post by SecondTermMistake » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:45 pm

OK, so I’m not actually playing on the Vision Pro, I’m playing on my computer using the Vision Pro as a display, but still kind of cool.

What do you think Dustin? Any interest in porting to the Vision Pro? :P

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Lux Delux on the Vision Pro

Post by dustin » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:38 pm

What's your take on the Vision Pro from using it? Does it use eye tracking for Lux movements, or finger flicks?

I don't see the vision pro being a very big market, at least not for some years at least (if ever)

SecondTermMistake
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Lux Delux on the Vision Pro

Post by SecondTermMistake » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pm

The Vision Pro is pretty great. I really enjoy it – but it's an expensive, niche product right now.

I'm reasonably bullish that future generations will be more capable, easier to wear, and less expensive, and that it will define some future interaction models.

The eye tracking is really good, and amazingly fast. That's the biggest thing I've noticed, is I can look at something and click it *so much* faster than moving a mouse to click on the same thing.

It'd be really neat to try it to play Lux.... but so far they don't actually do any "pass through" of eye-clicking on stuff running on your Mac.
So really when playing Lux on it, I'm just playing Lux on my Mac (using mouse+keyboard), and making it display on the vision pro.

I'm actually going to go see if I can find a web-implemented world map to click on, and see how that works. Safari on the vision pro does a pretty good job interactive with the web via eyes and pinches.