map paints with 'blank' rects

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
laird

map paints with 'blank' rects

Post by laird » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:55 am

Often the map updates, I get rectangles where the countries are painted as if they are unoccupied. This makes it quite tricky to know where you can place armies (at the start of the game), or to know what's going on.

It's also very hard to tell where the 'continent' boundaries are. I think it's indicated by the outline color, but it's hard to see which color is the outline indicating the continent boundary (and extra armies) and which is the outline indicating the occupying army. :?:

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:27 am

I'm not really sure what your first issue is. I know that sometimes at the start of the game the board will start out white and slowly fill in, but it should always display fully once it's a Human's turn. Is this not happening? You could email me a screenshot if you like: lux@sillysoft.net

(pressing Apple-shift-3 is the easiest way to take a screenshot. It will save it into a file on your desktop)

I agree that the continent borders should be clearer. I'll try and do something on this for the next version.

thanks for the feedback,
dustin

AJ
Luxer

Rectangles

Post by AJ » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:02 pm

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as mentioned in the first post, but if I play like 20 games of Lux in a row (which I usually do), the display often goes a bit funny.

Every country gets a thin white border around it which doesn't go away. It doesn't make it harder to play, it just looks bad. It has never happened when I first launch, only after many games.

Is this a known issue? I haven't installed 2.4, but I am about to :D

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:36 am

Hmmm, that is not a known issue. I shall look into it.

dustin