Mafia VII Game Thread

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
enjoymoreradio
Lux Addict

Mafia VII Game Thread

Post by enjoymoreradio » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:19 am

Normal Mafia game rules apply. Special notes for this iteration:

1. No abstaining for first 3 days.
2. Can not vote for yourself.
3. Innocents are allowed to PM.
4. Godfather shows up Innocent to investigations.
5. Two Pacifists
6. Doctor can protect anyone at night
7. Vigilante can kill at night, but will die if targets Sheriff or Deputy
8. Deputy takes over for sheriff upon sheriff's death, but is regular innocent otherwise. The deputy does not receive the investigations of the deceased Sheriff
9. Three Yakuza. Yakuza work as their own team to try to be the last ones standing. They act as their assigned roles during the game, but "win" if they outnumber the town or the winning team when a mafia or innocent "win" occurs. They do not die as a group. Investigations will reveal their game role, but NOT their status as Yakuza. Yakuza status will not be revealed upon death, but members will be revealed at the end of the game.

There are

1 Sheriff
1 Deputy
1 Doctor
1 Vigilante
1 Godfather
3 Mafia
2 Pacifists
6 Townspeople

There are three yakuza, who can be any role, except for vigilante and godfather.

The 16 players are:

1. *Manimal
2. Preacherman
3. Mud
4. TCraig
5. Enokrad
6. helen
7. Kef
8. Grozoth
9. Shockandawe
10. Big Will E Style
11. n00less cluebie
12. Goten6456
13. Mike
14. charle215
15. djdee
16. SunTzu

PMs will be sent shortly.

Good luck.

enjoymoreradio
Lux Addict

Post by enjoymoreradio » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:08 pm

PMs have been sent.

It is now night

Mafia: Send me a target
Sheriff: Send me your investigation
Doctor: Send me who you'd like to protect
Vigilante: Send me your target, if you have one.

No talking in the thread.

Go.

enjoymoreradio
Lux Addict

Post by enjoymoreradio » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:27 am

Night 1 is COMPLETE.

The citizens of Luxtopia woke in the early hours of morning to a grisly sight. A body lay face down, flattened on the road. Horror froze the hearts of the townspeople. "Had the Mafia returned and begun a new reign of terror?" Fortunately, closer inspection revealed the body to be nothing more then a deceptively realistic mannequin. However, as the people of the town went to their places of business, it was discovered they had all been robbed. This crime was so perfectly executed, only the Mafia could be behind it.

Night 1: Nobody was killed.

It is now DAY.

Everyone vote for suspected Mafia.

ZMaster
Luxer

Post by ZMaster » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:27 am

ahhhh nooooo I didn't get in?? :(
enjoymoreradio, didn't you see my post? :cry: :cry:

Zmaster

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:55 am

I have spoken to one person and happened to mention to them that I was someone of note in the local community.

If anyone wants to lynch me at any time you will all know that they are mafia or Yakuza so you can arrange for their early demise them next.

Can all the other innocents pm me with their role. So we can coordinate the clean up of this town.

I'm off to find the Doctor's surgery, to make sure I don't die of any suspicious illnesses tonight, so that's where you'll find me.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:00 am

hm..
i don't mind the mafia not killing anyone but....
since when does the mafia abstain from an easy kill?

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:06 am

when they target the doctor.

I am guessing they had a lucky break.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:57 am

i believe that if there was an attempt on the doctor's life, EMR would have told us.
the reason is that if there was an attempt, the doctors identity would have been compromised. if so, the mafia will have info as to who he is while the innocents would not. that would pretty much make the doctor useless in protecting anyone other than himself although he could be used as a channel for the sheriff to convey his findings.
i would have expected a "The Doctor was poisoned but was able to detect it in time and cure himself" or something to that extent.
That way, it would allow for the Doctor to come out if he knew his identity was exposed to the mafia.
Then again, the mafia could be playing tricks in the hopes of confusing us.

although realistically abstaining from a kill on the first night before anything has been said in the thread, would be kind stupid on their part since they allowed one extra innocent vote to exist for every day through the remainder of the game.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:02 am

djdee, i would suggest not editing any of your posts, since some people consider that as a reason to suspect you.
For all anyone else knows, you could have written
djdee wrote:Me and my mafia buddies will kick your ass
but relized afterwards it was not such a good idea and edited it :D

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:25 am

thanks enock didn't of that.

I just added the second line rather than post another message.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:28 am

Enokrad wrote:i believe that if there was an attempt on the doctor's life, EMR would have told us.
Can we have confirmation on if this is true?

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:29 am

I don't think it is, I remember one of the other games the mafia hit the doctor first night, the doctor had protected himself and all that was written was that nobody had died - everyone just put two and two together to figure out that the only way that could have happened would have been in the mafia had got lucky.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:47 am

It IS possible that the Doctor decided to protect someone OTHER than himself, if only to throw the Mafia off, unlikely, but POSSIBLE....That being said, it appears the djdee is implying he is said doctor.

Actually, I believe in Mafia III we had the doctor targetted in round 1 as well (was that Scad?)

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:00 am

Clarification question: Are there any roles that the Yakuza are GUARANTEED not to have? Or is anybody fair game?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:00 am

ZMaster wrote:ahhhh nooooo I didn't get in?? :(

Zmaster
I'm fine allowing Zmaster in the game, if we assign him the role of Godfather :twisted:

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 am

n00less cluebie wrote:It IS possible that the Doctor decided to protect someone OTHER than himself, if only to throw the Mafia off, unlikely, but POSSIBLE....That being said, it appears the djdee is implying he is said doctor.
I have not said that I am the doctor only one of the important people.

My reasons are these:
I have told one person, if they are mafia or Yakuza they might target me and so make themselves a target, or might not and then I am safe from the lynching. If they are not Mafia or Yakuza then even better.

If I am the Doctor then I can protect myself and wait for the sheriff to investigate me and then make contact.

If I am the sherif then I am expecting the doctor to protect me and then make contact.

Not stating what I am just gives me and the other key people a little more time to work with.

ZMaster
Luxer

Post by ZMaster » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:51 am

n00less cluebie wrote:
ZMaster wrote:ahhhh nooooo I didn't get in?? :(

Zmaster
I'm fine allowing Zmaster in the game, if we assign him the role of Godfather :twisted:
ahahahaha, well, its a little late, seeing as he already said how many of each category there is... I'd be an easy target... :roll:

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:46 am

n00less cluebie wrote:Clarification question: Are there any roles that the Yakuza are GUARANTEED not to have? Or is anybody fair game?
enjoymoreradio wrote:There are three yakuza, who can be any role, except for vigilante and godfather.

The cat is out of the bag for the doctor. The Mafia know who you are. There is no reason not to reveal yourself to the rest of us.

The doctor can protect himself and be our point of contact for other roles to reveal themselves to.

The only problem with this is there is a 1:5 chance you are also a yakuza in which case we are screwed but it still seems like the best chance at a win.

Also vigilante, thanks for not killing anyone. Unless we have reliable information, you are statistically more likely to kill an innocent. The last game the vigilante took out three innocents and zero mafia/yakuza. Also your role is extra important because you are the only innocent we can trust not to also be Yakuza.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:56 am

djdee wrote: I have not said that I am the doctor only one of the important people.

My reasons are these:
I have told one person, if they are mafia or Yakuza they might target me and so make themselves a target, or might not and then I am safe from the lynching. If they are not Mafia or Yakuza then even better.

If I am the Doctor then I can protect myself and wait for the sheriff to investigate me and then make contact.

If I am the sherif then I am expecting the doctor to protect me and then make contact.

Not stating what I am just gives me and the other key people a little more time to work with.

Something really doesn't add up here djdee.

Why tell one person at all and not the whole group?

You have already made yourself a potential mafia/yakuza target and are expecting the doctor to protect you.

If you are the doctor there is no reason not to say as the mafia know who you are.

If you are another innocent role then you will be pulling the doctors protection from himself which he obviously cannot do since the mafia know who he is. :roll:

The sheriff checking you is no guarantee that you are really innocent if you are the godfather. The only reason not to tell everyone your role is so that no one can contradict you. :?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:01 pm

Mud wrote:
n00less cluebie wrote:Clarification question: Are there any roles that the Yakuza are GUARANTEED not to have? Or is anybody fair game?
enjoymoreradio wrote:There are three yakuza, who can be any role, except for vigilante and godfather.

The cat is out of the bag for the doctor. The Mafia know who you are. There is no reason not to reveal yourself to the rest of us.

The doctor can protect himself and be our point of contact for other roles to reveal themselves to.

The only problem with this is there is a 1:5 chance you are also a yakuza in which case we are screwed but it still seems like the best chance at a win.

Also vigilante, thanks for not killing anyone. Unless we have reliable information, you are statistically more likely to kill an innocent. The last game the vigilante took out three innocents and zero mafia/yakuza. Also your role is extra important because you are the only innocent we can trust not to also be Yakuza.
We have not been confirmed as to whether the Yakuza are restricted in any roles....

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Uh......... One more time?

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:44 pm

My vote is djdee. Sorry if you are innocent dude, but something's just really odd here - I don't understand why you would tell anyone who you are when the game has barely started. The ONLY way you could trust someone enough to tell them that you were an important person would be if you told a FELLOW MAFIA or a FELLOW YAKUZA. Either way - you need to go.

enjoymoreradio
Lux Addict

Post by enjoymoreradio » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:04 pm

The Yakuza can NOT be the Godfather or the Vigilante.

Further, if anyone the Doctor is protecting is attacked, then I WILL NOT announce that, and only say that "Nobody was killed."

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:08 pm

I vote preacher.
i owe him from last time (should have killed you when i had the chance).

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:11 pm

enjoymoreradio wrote:The Yakuza can NOT be the Godfather or the Vigilante.

Further, if anyone the Doctor is protecting is attacked, then I WILL NOT announce that, and only say that "Nobody was killed."
Doc, if you were protecting yourself last night your best option is to come out and protect yourself for the remainder of the game.
that way at least the sheriff has someone to communicate with.
if by off chance you were protecting someone else then stay low and talk to no one till it is time.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:45 pm

I agree with Preach. Telling someone at random who you are dosent make sense. I see 3 likely scenarios.

1) Djdee is mafia and is the godfather otherwise he wouldn't have invited sheriff inquiry.

2) More likely he is yakuza/innocent and maybe an innocent role. Which would suck to lose but better to get rid of a yakuza.

3) He just made a boneheaded play but might clear himself with evidence to the contrary.

In any of these cases Djdee

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Enokrad wrote:Doc, if you were protecting yourself last night your best option is to come out and protect yourself for the remainder of the game.
that way at least the sheriff has someone to communicate with.
if by off chance you were protecting someone else then stay low and talk to no one till it is time.
I completly agree. Except I can't imagine why the doctor would protect anyone else with no information when you can protect a guaranteed innocent. Yourself.

Doctor show and protect thyself.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Well I am just a lame innocent townsperson with no tie to anything whatsoever, so I'll wait until the Doctor reveals himself for me to do anything.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:20 pm

enjoymoreradio wrote:The Yakuza can NOT be the Godfather or the Vigilante.

I was waiting for this. Up until this point no one was sure if it was the Doctor who had been targeted. So it is highly likely that it was the doctor who was targeted but not definite. This makes it a tough call tonight - does the doctor protect himself or me and likewise for the mafia, do they try the doctor again or me? (assuming I am not the doctor - at which point the Mafia have a big problem, they would have to get me lynched)

In reply to Preacher and Mud's votes I suggest they(and everyone) read my original post.

To paraphrase:
I tell one player who I am. If I am then targeted for lynching, that person is then Mafia, or Yakuza. Their accomplices will then try and get me lynched. Hello Preacherman and Mud. If not lynched then they will try and target me. I can be protected from them. The Mafia and Yakuza have to take the chance and get me lynched or in the next round I will be united with at least on other key person.

If I was Mafia then I would not survive past round 2 or at best 3 which really cuts the mafia odds of winning.

In theory I could be Yakuza but if I start to knock off the Mafia in the first few rounds the innocents will win and so this is not the way to go about it for Yakuza.

There does not seem to be any need for me to say what my role is at this time. If I do then it makes it harder for me to tell the real doctor/sherif/deputy from the false. For example if someone comes to me and says they are the doctor and I am really the doctor then I know they are lying. Simple check mechanism I think.

Preacherman will be investigated once I am united with the other key people. I suspect he might be Yakuza. If I was a Yakuza I would nominate me if I could, it weakens my position. If it backfires on them and they get lynched but are apparently innocent I will look bad.

In the meantime I vote Mud. I suspect he is a Mafia I suggest everyone changes their vote to Mud.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:25 pm

DJDee, you can't do that man. You're leaving way too many holes in your story. If we knew who you were, you could be confirmed if nobody else claimed to be that.

I am strongly leaning towards voting for you.