Mafia XXII

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Mafia XXII

Post by SunTzu » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:48 pm

Mafia XXII

Players
  1. jesterme
  2. Shockandawe
  3. Smethywick (Homicide Detective) - Lynched on Day 5, Executed
  4. Capicola
  5. RandomGuy (News Reporter) - Killed on Night 2
  6. AliG (Doctor) - Lynched on Day 2, Executed
  7. The Silken Knot (Governor) - Killed on Night 4
  8. Enokrad (Forensic Pathologist) - Lynched on Day 5, Executed
  9. mazza
  10. djdee (Mafioso) - Lynched on Day 4, Executed
  11. n00less cluebie (Mafioso) - Lynched on Day 1, Executed
  12. heartscoffee (Godfather) - Lynched on Day 5, Executed
  13. engie (Townsperson) - Killed on Night 2
  14. kude (Townsperson) - Killed on Night 4
  15. Owned
  16. Rhye (Mafioso) - Lynched on Day 3, Executed
  17. WhirlPlaid (Doctor) - Killed on Night 1
  18. paranoiarodeo (Private Eye) - Killed on Night 6
  19. *Manimal (Godfather) - Killed on Night 2
  20. Mike (Sheriff) - Killed on Night 5
  21. Enzo1997 (Mafioso) = Killed on Night 1
[/b]

General Rules
  1. It is okay to PM other players.
  2. People who edit their posts will slip on a banana peel and crack their head open.
  3. People who talk in the thread during the night will not wake up in the morning.
  4. People who post information in the thread that they're not allowed to reveal will be struck by lightning.
  5. People who reveal information after dying will find their names on the Permaban voting list next Luxtober.
Gameplay
Days and nights will switch at 8PM Eastern Time.

During the day, people will vote for who to put on death row. Vote totals will not be posted. In case of a tie, all of the top vote getters will be sent to death row.

Unlike previous Mafia games, abstaining does not count as a vote for yourself. However, not voting at all does count as a vote for yourself. Also, unlike previous mafia games, a player will not be automatically killed if they do not vote for two days in a row.

Items may be given to other players during the day as long as they PM the moderator before the voting deadline. Any item transfer PMs received afterwards will occur at night.

Once the voting deadline has passed, the convicted criminals will be sent to jail and people may PM the moderator their night actions.

People on death row may not perform any actions at night.

At dawn, the inmates on death row will be executed and the results of the night actions will be posted.

Roles will be revealed upon death.

Order of Night Events
  1. Item Transfers & Bribes
  2. Movements
  3. Break-ins
  4. Muggings & Setups
  5. Cult Conversions
  6. Attacks
  7. Medical Treatments
  8. Investigations
Notes

If an attacker uses a knife, then they will die if their target has a gun.

If an attacker kills somebody with a knife, then they will get any special items their victim had. If an attacker kills with a gun, then they won't get any special items their victim had.

Possible Roles
  • Police Chief* - Chooses who the Sheriff, Homicide Detective, CSI Investigator, Forensic Pathologist, and Coroner will investigate at night. They cannot choose themself as a target, they do not receive the results of the investigations, and they don't know for sure that the roles they give orders for exist in the game. If the Police Chief dies, then the other roles can choose their targets for themselves.
  • Sheriff* - Investigates one person to learn whether they're innocent or guilty.
  • Deputy - Gains the Sheriff's abilities if the Sheriff dies. In the beginning, they do not know they're a Deputy.
  • Retired Cop - Gains the Sheriff's abilities if the Sheriff dies. In the beginning, they do know they're a Retired Cop.
  • Homicide Detective - Investigates one person to learn whether they've ever killed anybody.
  • Private Eye - Keeps an eye on one person's house to learn if they left at any point during the night, and names of everybody that visited that person.
  • FBI Agent - Investigates one person to learn whether they're a Serial Killer.
  • ATF Agent - Investigates one person to learn whether they own a gun. The following roles have a gun: Sheriff, Homicide Detective, Retired Cop, FBI Agent, ATF Agent, Bodyguard, Vigilante, Paranoid Ex-Marine, Godfather, Mafioso, and anybody that has a gun as a special item.
  • CSI Investigator - Investigates one dead person to learn the names of everybody that has ever targeted that person (Bribe, Steal, Mug, Frame, Convert to a Cult, Arson Attack, Gun Attack, or Knife Attack) but not who did what.
  • Forensic Pathologist - Investigates one person (alive or dead) to get their DNA. If the target was murdured, they also receive the DNA of the killer(s).
  • Coroner - Investigates one dead person to learn the cause of death.
  • News Reporter - Either investigates a person to learn the names of who that person visited or writes an article describing any previous investigation(s). This article will then be published anonymously in the Daily News.
  • Fire Chief - Investigates one person to determine if they're an Arsonist. If they investigate the target of an Arsonist, then they save that person from the fire.
  • Bodyguard - Can choose to protect one person from any muggings and prevent a single knife or gun attack. During an attack they will take all damages intended for the target, have a 50% chance of killing the attacker, and the target will learn the identity of the Bodyguard. Any medical treatments meant for an unharmed target will be applied to the Bodyguard, and the treatment provider will learn the identity of the Bodyguard. If the Bodyguard protects the Doctor, then the Doctor can heal the Bodyguard as long as they didn't heal anybody else that night.
  • Doctor - Visits one person and heals them from a single knife or gun attack during the night. They cannot heal themself.
  • Nurse - Gains the Doctor's abilities if the Doctor dies. In the beginning, they do not know they're a Nurse.
  • Faith Healer - Visits a person and has a 50% chance of healing them from a single knife or gun attack during the night. They cannot heal themself.
  • Governor* - Every night, they can choose to pardon someone on death row. They cannot pardon themself, and they cannot pardon an individual more than once during the game.
  • Lawyer - Every night, they can choose to represent someone the next day. That person will be pardoned if lynched. They cannot represent themself, and they cannot get an individual pardoned more than once during the game.
  • Vigilante - Can choose to kill one person at night with a gun. They will die if they target a law enforcement officer.
  • Paranoid Ex-Marine - Has to kill one of the people who voted for them the previous day. They will die if they target a law enforcement officer.
  • Thief - Breaks into someone's house (alive or dead) to steal whatever items they own. Shows up guilty in investigations on nights they commit burglary.
  • Madam/Pimp - Sends a prostitute to someone's house, preventing them from carrying out their planned night activities.
  • Commuter - Leaves town every night, making them invulnerable to night attacks. However, they show up guilty in Sheriff investigations. They can only use items that don't involve other people.
  • Celebrity - Whenever the Celebrity dies, everybody spends the following day at the funeral, skipping that day's lynching.
  • Townsfolk - A simple innocent townsfolk.
  • Godfather - A leader of a mafia that shows up innocent in Sheriff investigations. At night they can choose one person to kill, one person to frame, and one person to mug - provided there are enough Mafiosi to perform those jobs. If a Godfather is in jail for the night they can still give orders, but they cannot perform any actions themselves. If a Godfather is unconscious, they can't give orders. If a second-in-command was chosen, however, then that person will be able to make orders until the Godfather recovers.
  • Consigliere - A Mafioso that is chosen by the Godfather to frame one person at night. If the target is investigated, they will show up as guilty.
  • Hitman - A Mafioso that is chosen by the Godfather to kill someone at night.
  • Goon - A Mafioso that is chosen by the Godfather to mug someone at night. The target will appear bruised the nexy day and lose any items thet had to the Goon.
  • Cult Leader* - They can choose one person at night and recruit them into the cult. They will die if they target anyone with a gun. If the Cult Leader dies, then the oldest living recruited Cultist becomes the new Cult Leader.
  • Cultist - A person converted to a cult. They lose all previous abilities when converted.
  • Arsonist - Has a 50% chance of killing someone at night with fire.
  • Serial Killer - Tries to kill one person every night. If they don't submit a choice, then one will be chosen randomly for them. Shows up innocent in Sheriff investigations.
All of the roles can occur more than once, except the following:
  • Police Chief
  • Sheriff
  • Governor
Also, there's only one Godfather per Mafia, and only one Cult Leader per Cult.

A Godfather can still give orders to a bribed Mafioso. The bribed Mafioso will be notified of their orders, but they can choose whether to carry it out or not.

People bribed into a Mafia or converted to a Cult will always show up guilty.

If a Cult Leader is bribed, it is treated similar a death. The oldest living recruited Cultist becomes the new Cult Leader, and the bribed Ex-Cult Leader can no longer convert people.

Possible Items
  • Smoke Detector - Can protect the owner from a fire. It is destroyed in a fire.
  • Bulletproof Vest - Can protect the owner from a gun attack. Everytime it stops a bullet, it loses 25% of its effectiveness.
  • Sniper Rifle - The owner can attack a person without visiting them.
  • Hanging Chad - The owner's vote will be counted twice.
  • Bug* - The owner can plant this bug on someone, and learn who they visit at night. If a bug is being used, it cannot be stolen.
  • Spy Camera* - The owner can plant this at someone's house, and learn who visits that person during the night. If a spy camera is being used, it cannot be stolen.
  • Lie Detector* - The owner can use the Lie Detector by asking the Moderator via PM whether a single post made in the thread the previous day was true or false.
  • Crystal Ball* - The owner will be given clues about the roles in the game if they choose to use it at night.
  • Million Dollars* - The owner can bribe somebody to their team by giving them $1 Million. The bribed person does not lose any abilities (except a Cult Leader,) but is unable to use the money to bribe someone else.
  • Magic Eight Ball* - The owner may ask the Moderator one question per night. The Magic Eight Ball will never lie, but it might not always give a definite answer...
* The owner cannot perform any other actions at night if they choose to use this item.

Non-special items, such as handguns and knives, cannot be stolen.
Last edited by SunTzu on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Night 1

Everybody should now have their role.

Please PM me about any items you'd like to transfer and/or any actions you'd like to perform tonight.

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Luxville Daily News
XXII Edition - Day 1

Teenage Hoodlum Shot Dead
Police in Luxville are investigating the town's first homicide in years. The victim, Enzo1997, was found dead early this morning of a gunshot wound. Officers responding to the call say there were signs of a struggle and the victim had a knife in his hand. Authorities later announced that Enzo1997 had ties to the local Mafia. No suspects have been named in the investigation.

Local Physician Found Murdered
When Dr. WhirlPlaid did not report to work at Memorial Hospital this morning, a neighbor sent to check on him found his body. Authorities haven't ruled out a connection with the earlier homicide, but no suspects have been named in the investigation. Area residents demand justice and call for a lynching.

Area Residents Mugged
Memorial Hospital notified the Luxville Police Dept. of two mugging victims in the ER last night: engie and *Manimal. The victims were unable to identify their assailants, but both were released from the hospital this morning.

Day 1

Enzo1997 is dead - he was a Mafioso.

WhirlPlaid is dead - he was a Doctor.

You may now post in this thread and vote for who should be sentenced to death.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:13 pm

∞ paranoiarodeo abstains

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:40 pm

I am going to take a huge risk here and reveal my role now.

I am the Commuter and I cannot be killed during the night. To assist in proving who I am this is the format for which I recieved my Private Message from Suntzu.

You are a Commuter.

You are innocent, and you win if the town wins.

You leave town every night, making yourself invulnerable to night attacks. However, you show up guilty in investigations.

This should match everyone else's role.

If you need further confirmation I will show up as guilty if I am investigated.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:00 pm

What's to keep you from being a mafia member and making the same claim? :?:
Meanwhile I'd think that those who are mugged give a good chance of being innocent--but 2 muggings? Could one of those be a thief or are we looking at 2
Mafia families
Abstain for now

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Abstain.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Abstain

There is one other very simple way to do it that I hadn't thought of.

Have the Vigilante target me tonight. If I survive contact me and we can start from there.

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:45 pm

abstain though, it would be funny to vote for someone right now...

just to be clear, when a person is mugged, they lose any item(s) they have, right?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:49 pm

It seems that the thief is a housebreaker, not a face-breaker, from the role description. Perhaps SunTzu could confirm that... and also whether it's possible for a single Mafia family to support two goons, assuming there are enough members.

But two families seems quite likely... did they get any loot?

∞ TSK votes for Owned... for a short while, anyway... but will become quite peeved if anyone else tries to horn in on this Day 1 tradition. ∞

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:41 pm

kude has slipped on a banana peel and cracked his head open! Due to that unfortunate incident, he is incapacitated and in the hospital until tomorrow morning. He may not change his vote and he may not perform any actions tonight.
kude wrote:just to be clear, when a person is mugged, they lose any item(s) they have, right?
Yes, whenever someone is mugged they lose any special items they had.
The Silken Knot wrote:It seems that the thief is a housebreaker, not a face-breaker, from the role description. Perhaps SunTzu could confirm that... and also whether it's possible for a single Mafia family to support two goons, assuming there are enough members.
A thief cannot mug anybody. There can only be one goon in a Mafia family.

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:45 pm

I will abstain.

AliG
Luxer

Post by AliG » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:02 am

n00less cluebie wrote: Meanwhile I'd think that those who are mugged give a good chance of being innocent--but 2 muggings? Could one of those be a thief or are we looking at 2 Mafia families
SunTzu wrote:A thief cannot mug anybody. There can only be one goon in a Mafia family.
It seems dat we ave two mafia crews. Real Eastside and Westside Gangsta! While me mate n00less haz brought dis to our hattention, it is right logico dat it would first occur to someone already wifin a mafia crew out of surprise dat dere were two muggings. I fink our cheeky chief n00less is one of deez mafia.

Keep it Real!

∞ AliG votes fur da n00less cluebie

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:18 am

I will abstain for the moment.

Smethywick
Luxer

Post by Smethywick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:26 am

No reason to abstain... Our best weapon against the mafia is our daily lynch.

jesterme[\b]. No real reason, but I gotta kick it off somehow. Maybe this will spark conversation.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:33 am

No. Our best weapon is me. I cannot be killed overnight so I am safe from the mafia.

I have already been contacted by the 2nd Doctor.

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:22 am

I actually find AliG's logic to be quite reasonable, and will vote N00less Clubie accordingly. It's the only shard of reason I have right now;

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:26 am

abstain

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:58 am

Nooless

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:20 am

abstain

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:42 am

Seriously?? Every game I have been one of the clearest voices of reason and logic in this game; 2 people get mugged--what OTHER possible explanation is there?

Surprised to see AliG (mud) making a stab in the dark this early; more concerned about the bandwagoners....

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:18 am

n00less cluebie wrote:Seriously?? Every game I have been one of the clearest voices of reason and logic in this game; 2 people get mugged--what OTHER possible explanation is there?

Surprised to see AliG (mud) making a stab in the dark this early; more concerned about the bandwagoners....
AliG most certainly is taking a stab into the dark...

engie
Lux Dynamo

Post by engie » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:27 am

[/b]abstain

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:37 am

abstain

Smethywick
Luxer

Post by Smethywick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:55 am

Shockandawe wrote:No. Our best weapon is me. I cannot be killed overnight so I am safe from the mafia.

Again, our best weapon is the daily lynch. It's great that you can't be killed at night, but that doesn't help us at all if we abstain from lynching.

If you can't be night-killed, that's to our advantage. But it doesn't get rid of the mafia. We need a lynch.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:59 am

n00less cluebie wrote:...
Meanwhile I'd think that those who are mugged give a good chance of being innocent ...
Why this, n00? If there are two Mafia families, it'd be just as easy for them to mug a random competing mafiosi as an innocent on Night 1. Not to mention the diabolical possibility that it's a ruse to gain credibility by (ever-so-gently, I'm sure) mugging one of their own...

R.I.P., WhirlPlaid. :cry:

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:12 am

Smethywick wrote:
Shockandawe wrote:No. Our best weapon is me. I cannot be killed overnight so I am safe from the mafia.

Again, our best weapon is the daily lynch. It's great that you can't be killed at night, but that doesn't help us at all if we abstain from lynching.

If you can't be night-killed, that's to our advantage. But it doesn't get rid of the mafia. We need a lynch.
How does randomly killing an innocent help us in any way?

You are taking a huge risk of forcing an important role such as the sherrif, vigilante, doctor out.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:13 am

Smethywick wrote:

An informed daily lynch is among our best weapons. But for that to remain effective, we need to conserve voting innocents, not lynch them.

AliG
Luxer

Post by AliG » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:31 am

The Silken Knot wrote:
n00less cluebie wrote:...
Meanwhile I'd think that those who are mugged give a good chance of being innocent ...
Why this, n00? If there are two Mafia families, it'd be just as easy for them to mug a random competing mafiosi as an innocent on Night 1. Not to mention the diabolical possibility that it's a ruse to gain credibility by (ever-so-gently, I'm sure) mugging one of their own...
Me man n00 iz right in dat dey is less likely to be a mafia but only half less likely.

Smethywick
Luxer

Post by Smethywick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:40 am

The Silken Knot wrote:
An informed daily lynch is among our best weapons. But for that to remain effective, we need to conserve voting innocents, not lynch them.
Well right. But if everyone abstains, we don't gain information. By randomly voting, we can get people talking and defending themselves and draw out the mafia.

Nobody gains any information by simply stating "abstain" and waiting til the next day.