Mafia XXV - "Werewolf Edition" - Game thread

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
User avatar
RandomGuy
Lux Veteran
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:02 am
Location: Central American Jungle
Contact:

Mafia XXV - "Werewolf Edition" - Game thread

Post by RandomGuy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:30 pm

(role PMs have been sent. PM me any questions!)

Players:
1. *Manimal
2. Big Will E Style
3. djdee
4. engie
5. Enokrad
6. Enzo1997
7. heartscoffee
8. jesterme
9. kude
10. mazza
11. Mud
12. n00less cluebie
13. simply4est
14. shockandawe
15. SunTzu

Night falls over peaceful Luxtopia. The villagers sleep quietly in their beds. The full moon shines overhead and out in the woods a howl is heard. Something evil is encroaching upon the village. Will the town survive?

It is NIGHTTIME

All players with night actions, please PM me your selections.
Last edited by RandomGuy on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RandomGuy
Lux Veteran
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:02 am
Location: Central American Jungle
Contact:

Post by RandomGuy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Rules update: villagers bitten by a rabid werewolf will NOT know they have been bitten.

User avatar
RandomGuy
Lux Veteran
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:02 am
Location: Central American Jungle
Contact:

Post by RandomGuy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:30 am

The town awakens to a bloodcurtling scream. Lights come on and doors open and as the town gathers they find the body of *Manimal lifeless outside the the town jail.

*Manimal has been killed. *Manimal was the Jailkeeper.

It is now Daytime

Everyone may now discuss and vote for who you'd like to lynch, if anyone. Everyone starts with their own vote against them. The 8th vote will be the hammer.

User avatar
mud
n00b educator
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Up in a tree

Post by mud » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:37 am

abstain

User avatar
n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Posts: 8375
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:55 am
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'
Contact:

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:41 am

abstain

User avatar
Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 am
Location: In orbit around Kerbin.

Post by Shockandawe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:53 am

Abstain

User avatar
djdee
lux widowmaker
Posts: 1908
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: Geordieland
Contact:

Post by djdee » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:03 am

abstain

User avatar
simply4est
Luxer
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by simply4est » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:46 am

Abstain.

User avatar
simply4est
Luxer
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by simply4est » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:57 am

RandomGuy wrote:Rules update: villagers bitten by a rabid werewolf will NOT know they have been bitten.
So after a couple of days, we could be looking at a high likelihood of multiple deaths per night. This could be a short game... Then perhaps it means the number of mafia wolves was kept down to only three?

User avatar
mud
n00b educator
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Up in a tree

Post by mud » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:19 pm

It occurs to me that if we have the child they can actually identify the Alpha wolf and truely validate that someone is innocent if someone knows who the child plans to check before hand. If they get caught than we know who a wolf is and we lose them but it seems worth losing one innocent if we get a wolf and maybe validate a few innocents first.

Does anyone see a reason that the friendly neighbor should not become our sheriff/child mouthpiece under doctor protection as they can be validated as being the real deal?

User avatar
mud
n00b educator
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Up in a tree

Post by mud » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Or better yet. The sheriff reveals his/herself and is protected by the doctor. The child checks the sheriff tonight. If the child dies the sheriff is full of it and we lynch 'em. Otherwise we have a legit sheriff that the friendly neighbor and anyone else can come out to. With the jailkeeper dead we only have the doctor to protect. We may as we act now while we still can.

User avatar
simply4est
Luxer
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by simply4est » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Mud wrote:Or better yet. The sheriff reveals his/herself and is protected by the doctor. The child checks the sheriff tonight. If the child dies the sheriff is full of it and we lynch 'em. Otherwise we have a legit sheriff that the friendly neighbor and anyone else can come out to. With the jailkeeper dead we only have the doctor to protect. We may as we act now while we still can.
This sounds like a good plan - anybody see any holes?

User avatar
engie
Lux Dynamo
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:35 am
Location: Tejas

Post by engie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:48 pm

How do we know they will kill the child? What if they leave the child so they can have a fake sheriff like last game? Or am I confused as to what you are suggesting?...

User avatar
engie
Lux Dynamo
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:35 am
Location: Tejas

Post by engie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:50 pm

and I abstain

User avatar
Kude
omni member
Posts: 1890
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: waiting in line for luxtober §

Post by Kude » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:05 pm

So, I must ask. Is there any importance to the seer? and i abstain

User avatar
engie
Lux Dynamo
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:35 am
Location: Tejas

Post by engie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 pm

kude wrote:So, I must ask. Is there any importance to the seer? and i abstain
lol, please don't tell me you're the seer...

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover
Posts: 3178
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:06 am

Post by jesterme » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Abstain

User avatar
RandomGuy
Lux Veteran
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:02 am
Location: Central American Jungle
Contact:

Post by RandomGuy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Jesterme's vote to abstain makes the 8th abstain vote.

Votes:
Abstain 8 (Mud, n00less, Shockandawe, djdee, simply4est, engie, kude, jesterme)
no vote 6 (Big Will E Style, Enokrad, Enzo1997, heartscoffee, mazza, SunTzu)


With the majority of the town undecided about rashly lynching someone, they all retire to their beds and hope for the best in the morning.

Day 1 ends with no lynching.

It is now NIGHT.

Anyone with a night action, PM me your selections.

User avatar
RandomGuy
Lux Veteran
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:02 am
Location: Central American Jungle
Contact:

Post by RandomGuy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:09 am

The town awakes to a horrible scream. They rush from their houses to find Kude, lifeless on the ground. Nearby, fallen from his hand, is a crystal ball. Kude was the Seer.

The villagers all gather together, but the child heartscoffee does not show up. A group goes to look for her and finds her body on the outskirts of town, dead.

The enraged town has the option to lynch TWO times today.

Night 1: *Manimal has been killed. *Manimal was the Jailkeeper.
Day 1: The town abstains from lynching.
Night 2: Kude has been killed. Kude was the Seer.
Night 2: heartscoffee has been killed. heartscoffee was the child.

It is now DAY. Vote for your first lynching victim. 12 players remain, so the hammer falls with the 7th vote (including 7 abstentions).

User avatar
Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 am
Location: In orbit around Kerbin.

Post by Shockandawe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:37 am

:facepalm Really kude.... really...


/me mourns the loss of hearts.

User avatar
mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:30 am
Location: BANEVILLE, Adelaide, Australia;

Post by mazza » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:51 am

wow, already 3 gone, terrible start guys......... does ANYONE have anything to go with.......i really dont wanna abstain, seeing it will give us NO chance of killin any wolves, but without any evidence, i do not wanna start accusing.......


abstain

User avatar
Enokrad
Dark Spawn
Posts: 3367
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:16 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by Enokrad » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:47 am

abstain for now

User avatar
n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Posts: 8375
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:55 am
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'
Contact:

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:05 am

I'm not going to abstain early yet as it might end up hammering us before we can discuss anything...

As for myself I've no choice but to out myself as Shaman--I'm protecting myself so I should be ok but I urge other innocents to contact me

User avatar
mud
n00b educator
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Up in a tree

Post by mud » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:02 am

kude wrote:So, I must ask. Is there any importance to the seer?
st00pid kudseer

I say we don't rush to abstain until everyone has a chance to share information that might be useful. If there is no evidence of a wolf than I am OK with everyone abstaining again but lets not rush to it.

User avatar
mud
n00b educator
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Up in a tree

Post by mud » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 am

Does the seer's apprentice get any of the results of the seer? Not that kude bothered to check anyone since he didn't know what he was.

User avatar
SunTzu
Lux Cartographer
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:48 am
Location: Maryland

Post by SunTzu » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:31 am

I propose that we start banning people from future Mafia games when they display complete ineptitude for the game. Either that, or I'm gonna stop playing if those people sign up to play...

I vote for Enzo1997.

I wouldn't trust n00less cluebie's claim of being a Shaman yet, since it's an easy role to claim as a Wolf. If there's a Hunter out there, please target n00less tonight. If he lives, then either he really is a Shaman, or there's no Hunter in this game.

User avatar
mud
n00b educator
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Up in a tree

Post by mud » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:58 am

I totally agree with Sun. I am out of future games with kude, between him just not caring enough to read the rules or signing up and quitting within the first day like he did in the resistance it is kind of lame. Don't signup if you aren't going to try. Also I agree that the hunter should target n00less today to validate him.

Ok I am going to out myself as the friendly neighbor. A message validating that is true from Random Guy should be in n00less clubies box and he can confirm. I believe I have already been bitten and in any case my role is kind of useless otherwise so they can kill me if they want to as it will save the rest of you for a turn.

Hearts contacted me last night, she checked me the first night and told me that she was going to check BWE the second night. So BWE is a wolf. I vote BWE

Next I have been contacted by the night watchman. I know he is legitimate since he was watching me the first night and told me he saw hearts visit me. I am pming everyone a different 3 digit code if I should die and he wants to reveal himself to you that will be how he validates that he is who I confirmed.

User avatar
n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Posts: 8375
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:55 am
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'
Contact:

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:04 am

Mud is in fact the Friendly Neighbor, as I have received that information from the game mod. I'm fine with the hunter targetting me tonight, and am leaning towards following the vote for BWE

User avatar
mud
n00b educator
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Up in a tree

Post by mud » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:25 pm

RG, do we find out the results of the first lynch before we do the second one?

Also I will have more information about a possible second wolf but I am waiting to hear back on something.

User avatar
djdee
lux widowmaker
Posts: 1908
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: Geordieland
Contact:

Post by djdee » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:45 pm

While I agree with SunTzu that non-players are a pain, I think as Mud has been validated by nooless then we have to go with him. If BWE turns out to be innocent then we can reconsider.

BWE

Surely if mud has been bitten then the witch will heal him tonight?

Post Reply