Mafia XXVII: The Hidden

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
mud
n00b educator

Mafia XXVII: The Hidden

Post by mud » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Lets try this again

I am going to throw my mafia host hat in the ring after RG's last attempt unfortunately dissolved. This is my own made-up variant and a little experimental.

In this mafia game all players are completely anonymous. Do not sign-up in the thread. To sign up pm me and I will add you to the player list. All players will be assigned a token color and all messages for the thread or to another player will be delivered by the host. One advantage to this is that history between players and previous games will be gone. It also adds to the mystery of who is who and who is even in the game. The good players also won't be targets. There can be lots of strategy about how you craft your message and using or not using punctuation, spelling or whatever to hide your identity or pretend you are someone else. Obviously messages may or may not be timely depending on my schedule, so time tables will be on the longer side.

Rules:

~Players will be assigned a color and told what their color is.

~Players may not post directly in the thread. If you post in the thread you die.

~Messages intended for the thread must be sent by pm to the host with "thread" written in the subject line. I will post it in the thread as soon as I can with your color identity attached.

~Messages intended for a particular person must be sent by pm to the host with the recipient color eg: "blue" written in the subject line.

~Day cycles will last a maximum of 48 hours. Days will end immediately upon a lynching. Majority abstentions will NOT end a day. I may extend this especially if there are delays due to me not being online and posting messages. The day will also end if all players vote or state they are abstaining.

~Night cycles will last a maximum of 48 hours or will end upon all night actions being complete.

~A lynching will occur upon a majority vote amongst remaining players. If the full day cycle expires, the most votes will decide the lynch victim. Tie votes will be decided by the first person to reach the final vote tally. The majority vote (the hammer) will be in effect - no votes after the hammer will count and prior votes can not be changed.

~Players will begin each day cycle with their vote cast as "abstain". Players are free to abstain from voting.

~Players and role will be revealed upon death.

~Do not quote PMs, I won't post them.

~Due to possible double killing and/or kill-blocking roles, the game will not end until an entire side is eliminated!

~Game will start with a night cycle.

~ Players that die may post their graveyard postings in the thread so long as they don't reveal any game information.

~ Players may pm each other if they figure out who each other are. For example mafia may want to reveal their identity to each other and bypass having to send messages through me.

Possible Roles:
There may be zero, one or more of any of the following roles:

Win with the mafia:
~Mafia Goon (standard mafia member)
~Godfather (Leader of the mafia, appears Innocent to investigations. Each night decides the mafia target and chooses which mafioso to send to do the killing. Can send themself or any other person. If the godfather dies than a random mafia member is chosen to be the acting godfather but they won't turn up innocent to investigation. If they are a mafia roleblocker or mafia doctor they can still use their ability and send someone else to make a kill.
~Mafia Roleblocker (targets one player each night and blocks whatever action they might perform that night). Can not block if being sent to perform a kill.
~Mafia Doctor (Can protect themselves and can protect the same person in back to back nights.) Can not protect if being sent to perform a kill.

Win with the town:
~Sheriff (Can investigate one person at night and detect if someone is innocent or mafia)
~Deputy (Takes over if sheriff dies. Receives all their investigations)
~Doctor (Can protect themselves and can protect the same person in back to back nights.)
~Nurse (Takes over if doctor is killed)
~Jailkeeper - selects one person to "lock up" at night. Protects their target from any attack, but also prevents them from performing any night action. The jailkeeper can not lock up them self, and can choose to not lock up anyone.
~Vigilante (Able to perform a Night Kill)
~Commuter (Immune to Night-Kills, Comes up as guilty in investigation)
~Psychopath (If lynched, kills the person who hammered them.)
~Medium - is informed during the night how many mafia were involved in the prior day's lynching.
~Night Watchman - watches one person and learns if anyone performs a night action upon them (and who). Will not see any blocked actions. Does not know what action was performed.
~Tracker - follows one person at night, learns if they performed any night action (and upon whom). Will not see any blocked actions. Does not know what action was performed.
~Friendly Neighbor - once during the game can send a moderator messaged friendly greeting that confirms their town-allegiance to their selected target.
~Vanilla Townie

Players:

1) Red
2) Orange
3) Green
4) Blue Killed Night 1 Drifter (Vanilla Townie)
5) Violet
6) Pink
7) Brown Killed Night 1- Enokrad (Mafia Roleblocker)
8 ) Black
9) Cyan
10) Dark Red
11) Olive
12) Grey
13) Yellow
14) Dark Blue
15) Dark Green
16) Indigo
17) Rainbow
18 ) Lime Green
19) Light Blue
20)  Khaki

Drifter's edit: Just puttin some stickification on the thread...
Mud's edit: I should have guessed all that sticky stuff was coming from Drifter...
Last edited by mud on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 27 times in total.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:45 pm

[color=red]Red[/color] wrote:In

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:06 pm

[color=Orange]Orange[/color] wrote:in

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:23 pm

[color=Green]Green[/color] wrote:Sign me up

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:17 pm

[color=Blue]Blue[/color] wrote: in 
[color=Violet]Violet[/color] wrote:In
[color=pink]Pink[/color] wrote:Fuck off! Give me a color and nothing too girly.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:46 pm

[color=Brown]Brown[/color] wrote:in

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:05 am

[color=black]Black[/color] wrote:SIGN ME UP PLEASE MUDDY BOY

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:11 am

[color=cyan]Cyan[/color] wrote:Please sign me up for the game!

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:07 pm

[color=darkred]Dark Red[/color] wrote:soundz schweet ill give it a shot

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:26 pm

[color=olive]Olive[/color] wrote:OK. I'll play.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:58 pm

[color=grey]Grey[/color] wrote:Put me in, oh wise one.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:22 pm

[color=gold]Yellow[/color] wrote:I'm in.
Last edited by mud on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:45 pm

[color=darkblue]Dark Blue[/color] wrote:Interesting variant, I will play.   

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:43 pm

[color=darkgreen]Dark Green[/color] wrote:In

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:53 pm

So it looks like we have a pretty good group already. We have a few long lost surprise players to add to our list of usual suspects. I will give it another 24 hours to let people sign up and then I will send out the roles tomorrow at around 8:00pm PST

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:06 am

A couple more rule additions:

~ Players that die may post their graveyard postings in the thread so long as they don't reveal any game information.

~ Players may pm each other if they figure out who each other are. For example mafia may want to reveal their identity to each other and bypass having to send messages through me.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:03 am

[color=indigo]Indigo[/color] wrote:I'll throw my hat into the ring.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:36 am

I am adding one more potential role. Like the rest there could be 0, 1 or more of this role.

~Mafia Doctor (Can protect themselves and can protect the same person in back to back nights.) Can not protect if being sent to perform a kill.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 am

[color=red]R[/color][color=orange]a[/color][color=yellow]i[/color][color=green]n[/color][color=blue]b[/color][color=violet]o[/color][color=pink]w[/color] wrote:I'm in

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:04 pm

[color=limegreen]Lime Green[/color] wrote:ok, i'm in

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:54 pm

[color=lightblue]Light Blue[/color] wrote:Wow, I like where you are going with this. I am in for sure!! :smt071

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:24 pm

[b][color=tan]Khaki[/color][/b] wrote:In. 
Last edited by mud on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:08 pm

Ok we have 20 players and the roles have been sent out.

It is now night #1 . If you have a godfather, roleblocker, doctor, sheriff, vigilante, jailkeeper, nightwatchman or tracker role you have 48 hours to get your night moves in. Day 1 will start Wednesday at 8:00pm PST or as soon as all the night movements are in. If you plan to not make a night move let me know so you are counted and we can end the night sooner.

As we have so many players and I am realizing that this is going to be a huge undertaking please keep your emails marked clearly for who they are intended for. Also I didn't reveal any mafia to each other than colors and role but I encourage mafia to link up their identities so they can pm each other and not have to go through me. That will cut down some of my traffic.

As people die I will update the first posting with what it has revealed and who is left.

Good luck all.
Last edited by mud on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:39 am

player wrote:Does a doctor protecting themselves show up to to the tracker/watchman?
Yes since it is considered a night action that they choose to do. A role like the commuter is not a night action it is just the way they are.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 pm

This hasn't yet happened but it occurred to me the possibility that if a roleblocker blocks a jailkeeper and the jailkeeper locks up the roleblocker than there is a slight catch 22 paradox. It would be a moot point as they cancel each other out, except the question remains is the roleblocker protected by the jailkeeper or not? I am going to say not. The roleblocker will act before the jailkeeper in this circumstance.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

∞ mud twiddles his thumbs ∞

Just a few more hours if you haven't gotten in your night movements.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 pm

As dawn begins in the sleepy town of chromaville the colorful residents awake from their homes and venture out to the town square to begin their day. There they find two of their townsfolk lying dead. Poor sweet Blue and his little pony lying next to him gunned down in the street. A little father down the street is Brown shot twice in the head. Upon further examination by the towns sheriff(s) and deputy(ies), Brown is revealed to have had ties with the local mafia, who seem to have once again returned to this previously peaceful hamlet.

Night 1:
Blue has been killed. Blue
was Drifter. Drifter was a Vanilla Townie.
Brown has been killed. Brown was Enokrad. Enokrad was a mafia roleblocker.

It is now Daytime

There are 18 players left. Everyone may now discuss and vote for who if anyone, you'd like to lynch, by pming me their messages. Night will begin in 48 hours at 8:00pm PST on Friday or if we get a 10th vote making the hammer.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:35 am

Someone must really hate the color brown ** sigh **

Good luck team. Avenge my premature death!

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:35 am

[b] [color=black]Black[/color] [/b] wrote:i would like to vote for Dark Red please

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:02 am

[b] [color=indigo]Indigo[/color] [/b] wrote: I am a Commuter.

Black , do you want to give us a reason why you're voting for Dark Red ?